what's so different about gear slutz?

Metrosonus

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do think most people here including the Europeans (and the Brazilians including me) do get other people's sense of humor. Or at least, we try to give people the benefit of the doubt when we don't get the joke...

I just mentioned the humor (or humour to you Europeans :mad:) because it kind of seems that flat_earth didn't get EP's kidding around, which would be totally his fault, as he'd have to be having the worst day of your life to think EP meant any harm when teasing him to post some music.

Anyone who knows EP knows he probably feels remorse after having to kill a fly... the guy's too good for his own good, sometimes :D

From my Gearslutz travels, it seems a lot of people there wouldn't get any jokes either. It seems that you have to "walk on eggshells" as we say, sometimes.

• Members

I just mentioned the humor (or humour to you Europeans
:mad:
) because it kind of seems that flat_earth didn't get EP's kidding around, which would be totally his fault, as he'd have to be having the worst day of your life to think EP meant any harm when teasing him to post some music.

So...

Where is flat?

• Members

Not always.

You have 2 Osc and you detune them..than what?

...then you take some meth/acid/whatever-works, record a few tracks, go out with buddies, find some chicks and go drive the pink love bus into tuna town. You come home and see your eyes in the mirror realizing you're still "on", you go back to synths, record a few more tracks, go to shower, take a big shot of whiskey and lay in bed. The rest of the week is pretty the same. You go to work speeding by with your Labbatts Ice cooler in the passenger seat and a few empties under the brake pedal, blasting Decapitated and spanking teh monkey, occasionally firing your sawed-off out the passenger window because there are aliens after you, and they're invisible but you can see them in moments of clarity, which occur during track changes. :p:

• Members

What I find interesting is that on the modular boards, there are people putting together cheap kits, or spending 5 and 6 digits on modular systems, and they all get along for the most part. People with huge systems on those sites are usually quite encouraging to people with smaller ones, or beginners, and tend to actually get excited to see new people starting out in the same field, instead of putting up signs saying don't bother talking to us if you didn't spend 50k on your "fly pro-tools rig." It's much easier to actually learn something from people that are excited for you than it is for people making you feel stupid for choosing something affordable.

The only thing you have to worry about there is falling prey to modular crack, but at least it's fueled in a positive way. Not just to keep up with the "cool" guys.

• Members

i never think about that site, i've posted there thrice. i'm sure it's also a great place for the free flow of biased, subjective opinions on all things sound.

let me share the process by which i rate music websites, in order of importance:

1) fondness for lolcats

2) number of lava lamp aficionados

3) quality of avatars

• Members

i never think about that site, i've posted there thrice. i'm sure it's also a great place for the free flow of biased, subjective opinions on all things sound.

let me share the process by which i rate music websites, in order of importance:

1) fondness for lolcats

2) number of lava lamp aficionados

3) quality of avatars

4 D win :thu:

Archived