SS Posse!!!

Shask

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by buntaluffigus

If you get this IROC, what sort of times are you hoping for as a goal, eventually?

Not really looking to race it, just to have a fun car.

Im more interested in circuit racing but I woudlnt put a daily driver through that kind of hell.

If I could get it into 12's I'd be impressed.

THose IROC's really arent very fast. :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyBird

Not really looking to race it, just to have a fun car.

Im more interested in circuit racing but I woudlnt put a daily driver through that kind of hell.

If I could get it into 12's I'd be impressed.

THose IROC's really arent very fast.
:eek:

I'd like to get another jeep cherokee to mess around with on the street.

Could have some good funs with one of those and some engine modifications. :o

12s aren't too bad. is the IROC really heavy or something?

• Members
Originally posted by buntaluffigus

I'd like to get another jeep cherokee to mess around with on the street.

Could have some good funs with one of those and some engine modifications.
:o

12s aren't too bad. is the IROC really heavy or something?

Not really. It's just the 5.7 (350)s were only putting out around 230 hp in the late 80s. It was the dawn of fuel injection and I can only assume that the major drawback is that emissions controls were still holding the cars back a lot at that point and GM was only starting to learn how to claw that back. Since the 70s engines had been losing power consistently but the mid 80s was when it finally began to swing back with any sort of convincing numbers. But that leaves the IROCs right at the beginning of that.

The 2002 350 powered Camaros were putting out 325 hp stock compared to around 225. Same basic block, just more modern fuel injection and technology.

It's only in the last 10-15 years that we're really getting these really powerful V8s back again because technology is finally beating the emissions controls.

I dont know how much you know about all of this but emissions controls and the loss of leaded gasoline lead to lower compression engines that tehy really couldn't run as aggressively as they could before, and it just made it hard to turn the kinda numbers they were turning in the 60s. ANd that trend continued until the 80s, and by the late 80s things were turning around.

The stock IROCs with the 5.7s pull around 15-16 in the quarter mile.

But you can do a lot with those 350 blocks, you can get 500 hp out of 'em easy if you have the money to pour into 'em.

This car I'm looking at is kinda rough.

He's asking aroudn 2 grand, needs new rear tires, the lock chamber on the driver door is fubar'd (for now), the weather stripping on the windshield is a little {censored}ed, it has no t-tops, no power windows, no power locks, nothing... :eek:

Im waiting for pictures of the interior, frame, etc.

OCMD2.jpg

349425698_l.jpg

1121312000_l.jpg
One of his artsy fartsy shots. :D

651432490_l.jpg

It has a nasty dent in the opposite fender, too. :(

The good part?

The paint for the most part looks excellent, it's got 140,000 miles on it, not great, but not bad, and it has 4 wheel disc brakes and a locking rear diff! :thu: That's a big option, fairly rare too!

• Members

Well that was fun... I'm now debating on switching my classes later in the day :p I woke up today around 11, and that was perfect, and next semester i have classes at 8. {censored} that.

But yeah, should be done unpacking tonight, oh and I got a {censored}ing parking ticket the first night.

• Members

Oh yeah I'll get some pictures too.. most likely tonight or tomorrow. It sucks not having internet, but then again, its a 9 minute walk to the union at uwm (big ass building, chairs all over the place, like..the central building i guess... has some fast food chains on the 2nd floor, a theatre on the 3rd, etc.) So untill tomorrow night we'll be walking over here for internet.

We all said that one night without internet wont be too bad, but one kid was having like withdrawls haha. I just needed to look up {censored} for my homework and that was annoying, but meh.

• Members
Originally posted by faded

Well that was fun... I'm now debating on switching my classes later in the day
:p
I woke up today around 11, and that was perfect, and next semester i have classes at 8. {censored} that.

But yeah, should be done unpacking tonight, oh and I got a {censored}ing parking ticket the first night.

With me, I always ran into the problem once you get into higher classes, it is only offered once, at 7 am, so you have no choice :(

• Members
Originally posted by faded

Oh yeah I'll get some pictures too.. most likely tonight or tomorrow. It sucks not having internet, but then again, its a 9 minute walk to the union at uwm (big ass building, chairs all over the place, like..the central building i guess... has some fast food chains on the 2nd floor, a theatre on the 3rd, etc.) So untill tomorrow night we'll be walking over here for internet.

We all said that one night without internet wont be too bad, but one kid was having like withdrawls haha. I just needed to look up {censored} for my homework and that was annoying, but meh.

Those places kill your cash flow ;)

• Members

Not really. It's just the 5.7 (350)s were only putting out around 230 hp in the late 80s. It was the dawn of fuel injection and I can only assume that the major drawback is that emissions controls were still holding the cars back a lot at that point and GM was only starting to learn how to claw that back. Since the 70s engines had been losing power consistently but the mid 80s was when it finally began to swing back with any sort of convincing numbers. But that leaves the IROCs right at the beginning of that.

The 2002 350 powered Camaros were putting out 325 hp stock compared to around 225. Same basic block, just more modern fuel injection and technology.

It's only in the last 10-15 years that we're really getting these really powerful V8s back again because technology is finally beating the emissions controls.

I dont know how much you know about all of this but emissions controls and the loss of leaded gasoline lead to lower compression engines that tehy really couldn't run as aggressively as they could before, and it just made it hard to turn the kinda numbers they were turning in the 60s. ANd that trend continued until the 80s, and by the late 80s things were turning around.

The stock IROCs with the 5.7s pull around 15-16 in the quarter mile.

But you can do a lot with those 350 blocks, you can get 500 hp out of 'em easy if you have the money to pour into 'em.

This car I'm looking at is kinda rough.

He's asking aroudn 2 grand, needs new rear tires, the lock chamber on the driver door is fubar'd (for now), the weather stripping on the windshield is a little {censored}ed, it has no t-tops, no power windows, no power locks, nothing...
:eek:

Im waiting for pictures of the interior, frame, etc.

[iMphotobucket.com/albums/n263/3rdgenfan/OCMD2.jpg
[/img]

[iMmyspace-698.vo.llnwd.net/00349/89/65/349425698_l.jpg
[/img]

[iM000.vo.llnwd.net/01121/00/02/1121312000_l.jpg
[/img]

One of his artsy fartsy shots.
:D

[iM.vo.llnwd.net/00651/09/42/651432490_l.jpg
[/img]

It has a nasty dent in the opposite fender, too.
:(

The good part?

The paint for the most part looks excellent, it's got 140,000 miles on it, not great, but not bad, and it has 4 wheel disc brakes and a locking rear diff!
:thu:
That's a big option, fairly rare too!

Man, 230hp out of a 5.7 is kinda weak. Shouldn't be to hard to get some extra power.

Leaky windshield {censored} sucks. I wouldn't mind about the power locks and windows. I hate that crap, it's always failing or being goofy. I wish my jeep just had regular locks and windows.

The locking diff should be fun for killing tires. :eek: Those aren't really that hard to add.

I'd like to fix up my dad's 72 el camino sometime in the future. He's probably going to make me get my own car to mess with. Ii should go ahead an get an impala so I can fit in with all the low riders around here. :D

• Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

Uh oh. Come on man, whats wrong with em? Fat neck, crappy play, what?

Theres nothing wrong with it. The neck is pretty fat, but it is 1 5/8" nut and 25" scale. I dunno, most of my guitars are more strat style, and this one is more like a Les Paul with frets above the 14th. Its just kind of different compared to my others. Plus, I have that L500-XL pickup in it, and Im not real fond of it.

• Members
Originally posted by HELSTRUME

My engine is loud as hell, and I think its the timing chain. It has a new one, probably needs tighting up. When my car hit that big scrap heap in the sky, I'm getting a Honda Civic.

My truck is just dying. :cry:

• Members

What did that come from?
:confused:

Maybe... I dont really like SG's though...

:D :D

You was talking about moving towards southern metal style. The standard guitar for that is a SG :D

(I figured your be like, what the hell, lol)

Archived