Who does not like Snake Oil strings?

jcourtjr

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Rich

Will a set last a month with heavy playing? If so, then 8 buck isn't all that bad.
:)

I'm changing strings twice a month already at four bucks a pop. I don't see what the big deal would be?
:confused:

Rich, I use to change D'addarios every two to three nights on a five set gig. These stay on my guitar as much as three weeks.
Use a set, then restring with your old strings. That's what really tells the difference. They are much more evenly toned from string to string and they stay in tune much better than anything I've ever used. It's worth $8.50 to find out. Email Dean Farley at leomuser@aol.com. He can fix you up.

• Members
Originally posted by buddastrat

I used Daddarios .010's for years on my tele. I put some Snake oil rocks on in the same gauge and the tone was a little weaker. The guitar didn't have the same fullness and I didn't feel those open chords vibrate against my beer gut the same. They felt slinkier but they were .010-.046.

Also, as soon as I put them on and tuned up, the neck was more relaxed and action was low, so this indicates that there's less tension compared to the Daddarios. Which may be good for some guys. I like them stiffer though.

I've used the same strings on that guitar for years and it was a pretty big difference when I switched. I used the snakes though and strings lost intonation just as fast as with the Daddarios. So for me, they didn't last any longer. Everybody's different though.

They have a semi-flattened feel so they are a bit warmer. I like a more aggressive string. The nickels are really smooth feeling. I still have a set of those.

That is super strange!!!! I use 10-52 Daddarios and went to the 10-52 snake oil and the snake oil's were quite a bit tighter... I had to adjust my trust rod a bit cause the tighter tension {censored}ed with the bow and raised my strings a bit.

onehourburn
:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by zepman

When I plug my 3000 dollar Les Paul into my 2500 amp with my 25 dollar cable I dont mind 8.50 for strings:wave: Why would one skimp on the component where the tone starts?
:confused:

LMAO....

kinda hard to argue with that logic ;)

• Members

Love mine. almost 5 months on one guitar, 4 on another. I'm thinking about changing them to see if there's a difference. Seriously, if you buy 4-5 sets at a time, the shipping cost is pretty low, and you're all set for a LONG time.

• Members

Originally posted by JackBootedThug

Charity has nothing to do with it. If I can help a brother out with getting a home based business going, what the hell?

Werd... plus they are the same prices as the other link that was posted and John takes care of his friends so you don't ever have to worry about getting screwed over.

• Members

Thanks Guys but dont let this chick get you riled up, she misses Kannibul and thinks I will play with him in his absence. She is really {censored}ing with the wrong guy:wave: Ugly ass bitch that she is:D .......John

• Members

Zepman is a cool cat... screw that other loser. As soon as I need strings I am gonna pick some of these up, maybe I can bypass the shipping cost by just picking them up, hehe. Good luck with your business and congrats on the begining of your business.

BTW, how is that avatar 2x12?

• Members

Originally posted by pissdrunx

can I get my hands on these in Europe?

Zepman send them to me along with a cable. Only took a few days. Total shipping was $12.50 I believe

And I have to admit: I like them. They feel rather heavy at first as someone mentioned earlier but now, i don't notice it anymore. I'm not sure if it's getting used to or that they soften up or something.

Giga.

• Members

Originally posted by jcourtjr

What the problem? You can get the strings from the snake oil site cheaper. Deal with it. I bought mine and got 2 sets for 20 bucks. If I bought them from zepman, I'd spend 14.50 for one set. Thats all im saying.

If you buy 10 sets you will save money by buying from zepman. 5.85 shipping vs 11 bucks.

• Members

the name of the company is {censored}ing SNAKE OIL. What the {censored}? Are you people slow?

From Wikipedia: Traditional Chinese medicine used for joint pain. However, the most common usage of the words is as a derogatory term for medicines to imply that they are fake, fraudulent, and usually ineffective. The expression is also applied metaphorically to any product with exaggerated marketing but questionable or unverifiable quality.

• Members

Something tells me the inventor didn't name them "Snake Oil" because he thought they were of questionable quality.

Doesn't really apply here anyway because, other then this board, I have seen very little marketing for them (not like some of the big manufacturers who put out full-page ads in just about every guitar mag they can) and nothing to indicate that they are poor quality strings. I use them and string breakage is pretty much non-existant now... certainly when compared to other strings I've used.

• Members
Originally posted by mikenothing

BTW, how is that avatar 2x12?

Hey, bro its great. It will be part of my 3 cab rack rig I am building.:thu: Let me know when you are ready and you are more then welcome to come on by and get yours in person(I will show you my rack system)

• Members

If you buy 10 sets you will save money by buying from zepman. 5.85 shipping vs 11 bucks.

I thought this thread was about whether people liked the strings, not whether they liked Zepman, and that he makes a few bucks on them????

Getting back to the thread topic, I do like the rock set. My sweat typically destroys a set of strings in about 2 weeks, and the snake oils are still going strong after 2 months. My sweat did kill the nickel set I put on my strat, but at least the rock set works.

So 4x the string life is worth twice the price to me since I am lazy and don't like to change strings that often and I can afford it.

• Members

1 pack from zepman 14.35 USD

2 packs from the source $20 even.

hey who knows i might like them. guess where im gonna buy them from?

You seem like you might be the guy who restaurants reserve the right to refuse service to.

Archived