Who does not like Snake Oil strings?

jcourtjr

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by buddastrat

I thought there were only a few compainies that did the strings, but most of the brands did their own winds on them, at least the strings that got wraps. I know that's how SIT strings did it.

The key difference lies in wire sourcing and consistancy of the metals involved.Dean sources his own wire and is constantly testing to assure quality.................John

• Members

Originally posted by zepman

The key difference lies in wire sourcing and consistancy of the metals involved.Dean sources his own wire and is constantly testing to assure quality.................John

Aint gonna justify 8.50 a pack. Them be the facts jack.

• Members

Originally posted by jcourtjr

I sell as many as 2 hundred sets a month. Lots of people disagree with you.Why are you so fast to trash a product you havent even tried:rolleyes:

• Members

What are regular strings in the US?

$5?

If they last longer, wont they be worth the extra $3.50 that you would have spent and more getting a second pack of your usual strings?

I buy Elixirs mostly out of necessity and they're about $15 US. I don't bitch because they're quality.

PS - I havent tried them.

• Members
Originally posted by AmpliFIRE

Gosh, I hope you don't accidentally strangle yourself with them
:evil:

1 pack from zepman 14.35 USD

2 packs from the source $20 even.

hey who knows i might like them. guess where im gonna buy them from?

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

What are regular strings in the US?

$5?

If they last longer, wont they be worth the extra $3.50 that you would have spent and more getting a second pack of your usual strings?

I buy Elixirs mostly out of necessity and they're about $15 US. I don't bitch because they're quality.

PS - I havent tried them.

You don't find that Elixers sound terrible? You're the only person I've ever heard of that bought Elixers on purpose...

• Members

Originally posted by atbear

You don't find that Elixers sound terrible? You're the only person I've ever heard of that bought Elixers on purpose...

elixers are actually pretty nice on acoustics. espically if its on an acoustic that you just pull out a few times a year. they hold up.

• Members

elixers are actually pretty nice on acoustics. espically if its on an acoustic that you just pull out a few times a year. they hold up.

They do hold up, no doubt... that's their deal. But, they sound horrible all the time (on electrics).

• Members

I switched to Snake Oils about a year ago and I'm glad I did. They are definately worth 8.50 a set just due to the fact that they sound good for so long. They also intonate faster when you first put them on which is nice. I used Ernie Balls for 18 years and I'd never go back.

• Members
Originally posted by zepman

When I plug my 3000 dollar Les Paul into my 2500 amp with my 25 dollar cable I dont mind 8.50 for strings:wave: Why would one skimp on the component where the tone starts?
:confused:

$25 cable? You cheap {censored}er. How is that $3008.50 tone going to get through to your $2500 amp through a $25 cable? You obviusly will be losing mucho dollars worth of tone to money capacitance and dollar headroom.

For a $3000 guitar and a $2500 amp you need to spend at least a $275.00 per 10' of cable (determined by halving the sum of amp and guitar and dividing by ten). Any less will result in severe tone suckage. :o

• Members

There are a couple different types of Snake Oils, one for more vintage tones, one more modern. The modern ones tout the longevity on the Snake Oil site more so than the vintage ones...Read up on the 2 types...I'd imagine that experiences will differ among players, especially using the 2 different types of strings.

Archived