December New Gear thread

ElectricPuppy

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let us know of your thought, Jskpongoui. I've been eyeing this as a potential winner. Talking non-software, this seems the best-bang-for-the-buck solution - and it'll continue to be - until something beats it, that is. It's a gorgeous piece of equipment, and I could easily imagine myself getting one (and perhaps another one) at some point.

• Members

Did this really warrant a new thread? Have I missed something or are you telling us all that you have bought a sustain pedal? (Edit: this comment is now redundant as a result of the move conducted by Electric Puppy) Let me see if I can add something vaguely worthwhile

M-Audio certainly offer good value most of the time. Can't go too wrong with their pedals

• Members

Let us know of your thought, Jskpongoui. I've been eyeing this as a potential winner. Talking non-software, this seems the best-bang-for-the-buck solution - and it'll continue to be - until something beats it, that is. It's a gorgeous piece of equipment, and I could easily imagine myself getting one (and perhaps another one) at some point.

Will do!

I just gotta get some XLRs...

• Members

Yeah, I played guitar for many years but only once I started getting into synths, I really got what good pedals can do for your sound (and that reflected in my guitar tone as well). Now I can't live without a good transparent analog compressor, analog chorus, vintage wahs (wah pedals are the cutoff button for guitar players :p), analog flanger, tube envelope filter/distortion and just last week I just replaced my Boss delay with an analog delay (albeit a modern one). Now I just need a good phaser.

I think Mike Mathews (Electro Harmonix) is a genius. A demented genius! All that stuff sounds great with my EX-8000. I can only imagine what it could do to a Minimoog or Trident. :salivate:

• Members

Some new Christmas presents to myself :lol:

1. Traded my Roland XV-5050 for a mint XV-5080 and got the SRX World expansion and the SR-JV Vintage and Keyboards of the 60s and 70s also. Now I only need to hunt down some RAM memory and a Smartcard. BTW this 5080 has a history, it used to belong to the Swedish studio where Celine Dion, Britney Spears and J Lo have recorded some of their top hits. The 5080 is full is presets and perfomances called Britney RMX, Celine ballad and J Lo Play, etc. ;)

2. Got myself a DSI Mopho. A bit non-analog sounding at first listen, but I will give it some more time.

3. Got myself a Focusrite Liquid Mix. They are hard to resist at the price these are sold for now. For the price of one UAD plugin one gets the hardware and 30+ plugins.

• Members

Presonus Firebox - $199
PFIREBOXX_ip.jpg

Sennheiser H280Pro - $99

SHD280PRO_ip.jpg

Not just great prices, but great value. Both sound as good as gear costing much much more and all works flawlessly using Sonar 8PE under Vista on my Toshiba Satellite. Secondary "Laptop studio" is now complete.

Archived