ElectricPuppy

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Just look at all that CRAP!
:p

:D

I would show it to my wife as yet another example of people who have more stuff than I have, but it is to damn neat! Where are the papers, music books, stacks of CDs, coffee cups, effects boxes, cables, headphones, and all the other crap that fills my office up to a space just large enough for me to sit in with my fee up on my portable piano bench?

• Members
That Kinisis synth makes my head hurt.
:(
Just looking at it.

Why? Bad GUI design? Too much going on at once? Weird sounds? I think of it as having automation on just about all the synth parameters on the plugin panel. In some ways it reminds me of Rapture - lots of envelopes that you can draw to modulate stuff.

• Members
I would show it to my wife as yet another example of people who have more stuff than I have, but it is to damn neat!

Don't you hate the "but you already have a keyboard!" rebuttal?

:lol::cry:

we should do yearly KSS awards with all sorts of catagories. that'd be awesome. neatest space, messiest space, ect ect.. tons of booby prizes.

• Members

Why? Bad GUI design? Too much going on at once? Weird sounds? I think of it as having automation on just about all the synth parameters on the plugin panel. In some ways it reminds me of Rapture - lots of envelopes that you can draw to modulate stuff.

The GUI just doesn't agree with me. I find the synth hard on the eyes.

• Members

But it cuts both ways; If your wife has hobbies of her own, you can usually counter with something appropriate like, "yeah, but you've already got a motorcycle, why do you need another one?"
:D

if it were only so simple at casa del loco. :cry: her hobbies include cooking, cleaning and self flagellation. the laptop i bought for her was the first new thing she's owned since before we were married. but she's slowly coming around.. she wants to repair her classical guitar and buy an electric.

if anyone deserves anything, it's her. i usually skimp and scheme my way into gear like the rest of us basement dwelling bad poetry posting maniacs.

• Members
...it is to damn neat! Where are the papers, music books, stacks of CDs, coffee cups, effects boxes, cables, headphones, and all the other crap that fills my office up to a space just large enough for me to sit in with my fee up on my portable piano bench?

you mean the other side of the room? :-)

DSCN3415.JPG

cheers
ripe

• Members

if it were only so simple at casa del loco.
:cry:
her hobbies include cooking, cleaning and self flagellation.

You could just say they sound very different. They can certainly understand that. Also, she likes to cook, so you could say why she needs different spices and different kinds of olive oil. Same thing. Keyboards are your spices for making music.

Or you could say:

"Do you really need more than one leather coat/handbag/pair of shoes?"

"You already have a broom, do you really need a vacuum cleaner?"

• Members
if it were only so simple at casa del loco.
:cry:
her hobbies include cooking, cleaning and self flagellation. the laptop i bought for her was the first new thing she's owned since before we were married. but she's slowly coming around.. she wants to repair her classical guitar and buy an electric.

if anyone deserves anything, it's her. i usually skimp and scheme my way into gear like the rest of us basement dwelling bad poetry posting maniacs.

I usually get "you can buy that after you have an Ebay sale and get rid of some of your "junk"" from my wife. I have been blessed with an incredibly frugal wife, to the point where it drives me nuts when she complains about her jeans and underwear getting ratty and I have to practically drag her to the store to buy new stuff (and make sure the bra matches the panties... preferably in black, red, or hunter green :D ).

Archived