December New Gear thread

ElectricPuppy

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finally went ahead and "Kompleted" my NI obsession... :facepalm:

[ATTACH]309866[/ATTACH]

The upgrade price to go from Reaktor to Komplete 6 was very reasonable and now I finally get to try out Kontact and FM8 as well as getting the current version of Absynth. YAY! :love:

The non-hardware update from Kore1 to Kore2 was also pretty reasonable. :thu:

• Members

And in a supporting role:

sp-404sx_top.jpg

:cool:

:wave:

grats. i'd love to know how you find it. i've been debating getting one of those to trigger the odd sampled loop and/or spoken word quote.

n.i.%20absynth%205.jpg

i took advantage of the recent native instruments sale and decided to pick up absynth 5. i had so much fun with the demo that i didn't experience my usual hang ups that i get from software.

• Members

grats. i'd love to know how you find it. i've been debating getting one of those to trigger the odd sampled loop and/or spoken word quote.

n.i.%20absynth%205.jpg

i took advantage of the recent native instruments sale and decided to pick up absynth 5. i had so much fun with the demo that i didn't experience my usual hang ups that i get from software.

I will report back. Stunning sample time (as in specs etc) !

I don't know if it just me or that it's new but I managed to get it to glitch on EFX, nothing you would be doing normally (just messing around with it trying everything) retriggering the loop reset the bug. I can not repeat it, so I am guessing it will never happen again. I can see some scope for creating sound by continual resample after different EFX. I will test to see how efficient it is. One (sponsored) user was raving about the WAVE recording. I assume the old SP's killed the quality on each resample (appears to be evident in one of the old SP demo movies)

Good luck with Absynth5... I will stay clear of software for now, closest I get just at the moment is the bass synth on the MV :lol:

:wave:

• Members

I will report back. Stunning sample time (as in specs etc) !

I can see some scope for creating sound by continual resample after different EFX
. I will test to see how efficient it is.

yeah, it looks like there is a lot of potential with resampling and the use of fx.

i'm quite stubborn when it comes to preferring hardware, but there was something about absynth that really spoke to me. i know that i'm late to that party but i guess it's better late than never.

• Members

Yeah, the guy I got it from is in a well known local band and probably got it free in a sponsordeal. These things happen all the time, and for once, I was in the right place, at the right time:)

Regards, mmm

• Members

:eek:
indeed! I paid 700 euros for mine, and I thought that was cheap...

It is in perfect condition though..

11156_1301391693518_1192226269_908627_76

Tom, nice setup & congrats on your purchase:) But you need to reconsider your speakers placement. At least 1 foot [0.3m] from the wall, both directions.

P.S: I like the red part in your sig:love: [still waiting for some tests/demos]:cop:

• Members

:cop:

Thanks!

I'll see if I can record something soon, but I have to work non-stop till saturday next week.. Maybe sunday, but I'm not promising anything.

Btw, the setup has changed a little already :p. Will check what Ican do about the speakers.. My room is pretty small..

Archived