Man, i'm worried about this.... CLIP inside...

Random Hero

• Members
Originally posted by amiller

---------------------------

Dude, I'm a huge Petrucci fan and I especially love his solo CD. I listen to the CD at least twice a week, so I know the songs well.

Man, you sound great!
:eek::D:thu:

I can't imagine all of the work you had to do to get that song down, recorded and sounding as awesome as it does.
:D

I really enjoyed the clip...thank you.
:)

Thank you very much for the compliment bro.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds awsome, im not hearing the annoying high end fizz that i cant seem to get rid of. What settings and amp/cab model did you use? Im thinking of doing a Liquid Tension Universal Mind clip today if no one decides to give me a job, so a decent petrucci tone would be a good base

Did you do anything post producion?

James

• Members
Originally posted by AgentOrange

Sounds awsome, im not hearing the annoying high end fizz that i cant seem to get rid of. What settings and amp/cab model did you use? Im thinking of doing a Liquid Tension Universal Mind clip today if no one decides to give me a job, so a decent petrucci tone would be a good base

Did you do anything post producion?

James

Thanks man. I used "Modern Hi Gain" and cabinet 15. The tone settings are somewhere in this thread, I think. Also, there was no post production, at all.

Looking forward to your "Universal Mind" clip bro. :thu:

• Members

I love the Modern High Gain on the V-Amp Pro... I could take that one model and toss out the rest and be totally happy... (of course that won't happen though).

Superb playing. Stunning. Go get famous. ;)

I saw your tone settings - those are for the V-Amp Pro (?) - or for something else? I don't have Red/Orange indicator lights (which you mention on your settings post) on my V-Amp Pro. Any clarification would help.

Well done.

• Members
Originally posted by Kewlpack

I love the Modern High Gain on the V-Amp Pro... I could take that one model and toss out the rest and be totally happy... (of course that won't happen though).

Superb playing. Stunning. Go get famous.
;)

I saw your tone settings - those are for the V-Amp Pro (?) - or for something else? I don't have Red/Orange indicator lights (which you mention on your settings post) on my V-Amp Pro. Any clarification would help.

Well done.

Thanks alot for listening and commenting man. Oh to be famous for guitar playing :love:

The red/orange lights you mention are from my Dual Rectifier settings :D I use a v-amp 2 and the settings should be in this thread somewhere.

• Members

Originally posted by paulintheuk

Wow... super impressed guy here!!

Love the smooooth tone!

Have to have a play around with a V-amp, didn't realise they were so capable.

Thanks alot bro. It is a capable unit, for sure. And it's cheap as hell.

• Members

Originally posted by Random Hero

Ok. So, I decided to record some of Damage Control by John Petrucci. Firstly, I am more than aware that I am not JP, so it isn't gonna sound anywhere NEAR as good as his. Secondly, I learned the majority of this whilst recording it, so it's recorded on the fly if you will! Also, most of the leads are mainly improvised, with some of the phrases from the actual solos thrown in there.

Don't be too harsh, I know it needs major practice!

You play really well...not too keen on the tones though. They sound a little two dimensional and over saturated to me.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

WOW!!! I just came across a link to this in another thread while doing a search.

This if {censored}ing awesome dude. I was not aware that a V-amp could sound this good. I know they can sound good but this sounds spectacular.

BTW- you're an ace player bro.:eek:

• Members
Originally posted by TU BE

WOW!!! I just came across a link to this in another thread while doing a search.

This if {censored}ing awesome dude. I was not aware that a V-amp could sound this good. I know they can sound good but this sounds spectacular.

BTW- you're an ace player bro.
:eek:

Thanks alot man. This is why I like my v-amp :)

Thanks for listening and for the compliments.

:wave:

Archived