VIDEO: Stupidly fast Neo-Classical player...

Random Hero

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

Does the same premise work for having internet muscles? I want me some of those...
:love:

In all seriousness, I agree. How many hours MUST they spend learning that stuff to a metronome to become that accomplished!?

Yes....
All you need for internet muscles is a computer and a slick line of BS...:D

As for the playing...I'll take a 1-3 note BB King solo over that stuff any day...:D

I enjoy guys that actually have a sense of music.
I have a friend that played Viola from an early age and was accepted to Julliard(sp?) at 10 years old....
He played Carnegie Hall solo at 14 and the Met etc.....
He's now a Lawyer and hates the Viola...:D
They are like programmed robots. Take their sheet music and rules away, and you'll hear some pretty crappy playing...
Kinda like YJM trying to play blues...:D
Steve

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That guy was very impressive.

Why the comparisons to YJM? Is it a race? If it is, that guy might cross the finish line first, by YJM would cross it dragging a trailer full of big-titted chicks, a drunken limbo squad, all while jacking off, and on fire.

Style, man.

• Members
Originally posted by SteveVHT

Yes....

All you need for internet muscles is a computer and a slick line of BS...
:D

As for the playing...I'll take a 1-3 note BB King solo over that stuff any day...

I have a friend that played Viola from an early age and was accepted to Julliard(sp?) at 10 years old....

He's now a Lawyer and hates the Viola...
They are like programmed robots. Take their sheet music and rules away, and you'll hear some pretty crappy playing...

Kinda like YJM trying to play blues...
Steve

I agree about the sense of music thing, even though my favourite guitarist has turned into a senseless wanker in the last few years :D:cry:

He must of been quite the player to get into Juillard at 10 :eek: But yeh, I imagine improvisational skills aren't paramount when it comes to something like that. YJM is very one-dimensional too. But that's his thing, and i'm cool with that. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by squealie

Why the comparisons to YJM? Is it a race? If it is, that guy might cross the finish line first, by YJM would cross it dragging a trailer full of big-titted chicks, a drunken limbo squad, all while jacking off, and on fire.

Style, man.

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by squealie

Style, man.

I agree 100%.
The only thing that separates YJM from the million other shredders with no soul is his ego...
He was the first "show off" of modern shred.....
But Blackmore did it way before him....:D

Everyone always says...But YJM has killer Vibrato....LOL
But musicall, that's about all he has other than chops. Same thing as I just said...keep practicing it, and you'll get good at it...:D
Steve

• Members

Originally posted by Pavel

That's probably the fastest I've seen someone play and still have that important musical/melody/feeling component! I still don't like how those crazy sweeps sound though... everything else was sweet!

I agree completely, he has a very intamate feel for his guitar. I felt his melody lacked the intelligent structure to compliment his playing, though.

• Members

I find the comparisons to Yngwie totally silly. That guy doesn't sound musical in anyway. Just yet another technically impressive player who doesn't play music. While Yngwie may repeat himself badly, his playing does have things like melody.

• Members

Originally posted by Electric Glide

Yep, was impressive back in the 80s with Alcatraz, but he's strickly one-dimensional.

There are droves of unknowns that put YJM to task on a daily basis.

Yngwie put his techniques into tunes...this guy is jerking off. I hate sweep picking. Let this stupid asshole insert that {censored} in a tune.....it will be just as boring, IMO.

• Members

Even better than Kirk Hammett?

Nobody beats Kirk Hammett, you know that.

The guy in the video is ridiculously fast....so ffast that I was having trouble trying to pick up a melody but it still sounded very good:freak: :eek:

• Members

I like shred but it's got to be done musically and this isn't. There are lots of people that are better than Yngwie but you never hear about them because they aren't musical. Shredders that "make it" have at least some solid musical ideas that they base the tunes on. Nothing about this clip was musical except for the fact he was making noise on a guitar lol. Gotta give the props for that mullet tho!

• Members

In a way, I'm glad that guys like him exist, because I have to recognize that with my small little hands, I will never be able to play that stuff. Hanging out here is tough sometimes because of the "guitarOlympics" mentality.

10,000 people already play that {censored}, the same licks, the same scales, why the {censored} would wnyone else want to go there? If music is communication, then hasn't that stuff been said to death? I like having those tools in my toolbox, but at the end of the day, I hope to have a house, where that guy will have a board with a lot of nails in it.

• Members

lol, I forgot to mention the mullet. world-class hair indeed.

And LedZep, I know nobody beats Kirk, but I just needed to confirm that you felt the same way.

Kirk would run cirles around this guy with one arm tied behind his back:eek:

• Members

Yes....

All you need for internet muscles is a computer and a slick line of BS...

As for the playing...I'll take a 1-3 note BB King solo over that stuff any day...

He's now a Lawyer and hates the Viola...

Kinda like YJM trying to play blues...
Steve

so true i think if he worked on vibrato and played with feel he would be bad ass he has the chops, but lacks the feel, i would take bb any day impressive yes very but inspiring no i definitely got a nut at his speed, but try to jam with him he would be an ass.

• Members

I taught him that....
:freak:

The funny part is how people love YJM and there are a million guys that destroy him in that style...

If you think that destroys anything YJM has ever done, you have terrible taste :p:o...

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

If you think that destroys anything YJM has ever done, you have terrible taste
:p:o

Yup, Notice this putz never uses, IMO?
Yngwie can't play the blues either? He plays em well enough for someone who isn't considered a blues player.

How many blues player can play like Yngwie?

no, according to the authority, some guy jerking off sweep picking excersizes is better than a guy with decades long successful career.

Asshole:freak:

• Members

had that been an audio clip instead of a video, i would have turned that off in a matter of seconds. it sounded awful. the only redeeming quality was watching those fingers scamper around the fretboard. i have to give the guy some respect though, he could play more notes in that five minute video than i could plan in an hour

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

If you think that destroys anything YJM has ever done, you have terrible taste
:p:o

Sorry, I should have realized enough to say on a technical level....:freak: :freak: :freak:

But then again, that is all YJM is anyway...:D

• Members
Originally posted by carlygtr56

Yup, Notice this putz never uses, IMO?

Yngwie can't play the blues either? He plays em well enough for someone who isn't considered a blues player.

How many blues player can play like Yngwie?

no, according to the authority, some guy jerking off sweep picking excersizes is better than a guy with decades long successful career.

Asshole:freak:

LOL

:wave:

Still a miserable old douchbag I see....
Didn't expect anything different from a lowlife such as yourself.
Have a nice day...

Archived