Cliche synth sounds you hope to never hear again

ElectricPuppy

• Members

I could do without "Digital Native Dance".

However, I've always been, and always will be, a sucker for the D50-turned-GM staple sounds "Staccato Heaven", "Fantasia" and "Stereo Polysynth".

I don't mind the DX7 e-piano so much unless its in a horrible song. Which, oftentimes, I guess it is.

Am I sick of "Jump"? Absolutely. Am I sick of big, fat, juicy, thick detuned analog saws? Never!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The DX7 e-piano. I never liked it, and never will. The timbre is unpleasant to my ear. It gets worse when layered with a real piano to get that "L.A. Piano" sound. Good God! :mad: My apologies to David Foster. ;)

The D-50 Staccato Heaven. The D-50 is capable of some lovely sounds. This is not one of them. To my ear, it was trite from day one. Blecch! :facepalm: My apologies to Paolo. ;)

The M1 Piano. This one doesn't induce me to self-mutilate, but its cute factor is long since gone. There was a time it could make me smile in the context of a really compressed house beat but those days are over. :bor:

:snax:

cheers,

Ian

• Members

The M1 Piano.
This one doesn't induce me to self-mutilate, but its cute factor is long since gone. There was a time it could make me smile in the context of a really compressed house beat but those days are over.
:bor:

your apologies to every mariachi band on the planet

srsly ive seen more friendly well fed mexican men playing that patch in the last few months than i ever thought i would

• Members

Even though most of the artists I listen to at one point or another have used the TR-909s in this way, I really dislike the snare, bass, high-hat techno beat riff. Never liked it. I much prefer good old samples of bass drums, gated snares, even rim shots over the 909 sounds. - J.

• Members

The DX7 e-piano.
I never liked it, and never will. The timbre is unpleasant to my ear. It gets worse when layered with a real piano to get that "L.A. Piano" sound. Good God!
:mad:
My apologies to David Foster.
;)

The D-50 Staccato Heaven.
The D-50 is capable of some lovely sounds. This is not one of them. To my ear, it was trite from day one. Blecch!
:facepalm:
My apologies to Paolo.
;)

The M1 Piano.
This one doesn't induce me to self-mutilate, but its cute factor is long since gone. There was a time it could make me smile in the context of a really compressed house beat but those days are over.
:bor:

:snax:

cheers,

Ian

LOL - no worries. We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think Staccato Heaven is trite at all. But hey, your ears are different than mine...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, basically you guys badmouthed all the sounds in my Famous Sounds page....

:mad:

-

:cop:

What's up with all this pessimism... it's Christmas time...you're all supposed to be jolly

-

Archived