Protip: Lay off the sustain pedal

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Now you listen to me, Eric. You don't blow your money on those comic books, you understand? They don't do you a damned bit of good, and the nude mags, you're gonna be inheriting mine when you're 16 anyway. Now look, the junk food and the candy just rots your teeth, gives you bad breath, and the girls run like hell. Stay the hell away from buying any rock TV shirts, or hip hop gear, or anything like that. Arcade games

• Members
"Now you listen to me, Eric. You don't blow your money on those comic books, you understand? They don't do you a damned bit of good, and the nude mags, you're gonna be inheriting mine when you're 16 anyway. Now look, the junk food and the candy just rots your teeth, gives you bad breath, and the girls run like hell. Stay the hell away from buying any rock TV shirts, or hip hop gear, or anything like that. Arcade games

• Members

What are the other 6?

- Playing organ patches with velocity sensistivity

- Plaing left hand piano chords an octave too low

- Pitch-bending a piano sound

- Playing sampled horn patches with too much reverb

- Playing guitar patches like a piano sound

- Taking modern rompler presets containing drum- and/or music loops seriously

• Members

maybe for piano. But most big synth sounds where you play both octaves of the bass note on your left.... would sound like awful mud if you played a chord.

left hand chords get muddy even on a piano ,,,,real men play 10th spreads with the left hand. No your hands are not too small........ Thal shalt not cut up the bass player.

• Members

ORLY??!?!?!?!?!

:lol:

Just lulzin! I saw a Tony Monaco interview where he said Jimmy Smith told him "Look, kid, don't worry about playin' all them notes. Just learn the chords, that's whats important". It's on utube somewhere, but I can't find it just now...

I just got a nice Hammond A-105 a few months ago. I've never had a full pedalboard before; I'm looking forward to trying to gain a little pedal skills.

Archived