OT. HAHA Michael Moore is getting sued for 85 million.

danyeo

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Geez guys-you're missing out on a great opportunity. Remember when folks came out of the woodwork after F9/11 came out saying it was "Full of lies/innacuracies" and "things taken out of context"?? Remember lots of folks (mostly via Fox news) talking major {censored} about Moore and his lil movie? Remember what he did? Offered a million for ANYONE (you lot as well!)proving inaccuracies in the flick. Wanna know why? Because Miramax and the Waly Disney Co. didn't get rich being dumber than you. A bitchload of lawyers and factcheckers went over every word, and frame of that flick, and you betcherass that the Weinsteins and the Mouse sure as hell didn't let a thing slide. If you're gonna go on record incriminating the Bush family, Conoco, the House of Saud, and of other long time players in the economic/political terror game of, well, the {censored} they've been neck deep in for the last 70-so years, you've better have your facts straight. If not, the lawsuits fly fast AND furious. Talk is cheap....lies aren't. Actually prove the guy wrong, or it's just a bunch of old ladies talking {censored}. Sorry.:(

• Members
Originally posted by dcooper830

Speaking of (Bush administration) misleading (Bush administration) information.

And how many BILLION did Dick Cheney's old company Halliburton make off of no-bid contracts in Iraq?

How many other companies were there with the resources and capacity to bid on those contracts?

How much time (and money) would have been wasted by trying to solicit bids from companies that don't exist?

How many government contract bids have you ever been involved with?

I'm not a big Halliburton fan, but I just can't believe that this issue keeps coming up; it's a pure red herring. The only people who fall for it are those who don't appear to understand the process for contracting these services.

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Werd. Not mention Moore used a interview the guy gave to ABC that aired on national television.

That does not automatically confer on Moore the right to edit the footage and re-use it in whatever manner he sees fit.

Defamation, slander, and libel are all very old offenses.....

• Members
Originally posted by SteinbergerHack

How many other companies were there with the resources and capacity to bid on those contracts? ( Uh, quite a few. Locking them out was a BIG reason we went in alone-other govts. didn't see why they should get involved without a chance to recoup their countries losses.)

How much time (and money) would have been wasted by trying to solicit bids from companies that don't exist? ( A week or two? to find a company that charged less than $100 for a 12 pack of Diet Coke, or a pound of laundry?)

How many government contract bids have you ever been involved with? None-you?

I'm not a big Halliburton fan, (you act like a stockholder-all overcharges come out of your pocket too-why defend them???) but I just can't believe that this issue keeps coming up; it's a pure red herring. (Actually, more of a cash cow) The only people who fall for it are those who don't appear to understand the process for contracting these services.

• Members

This thread shows why I stay away from politics nowadays.

Seriously, it's one side vs. the other. Each side has their own opinion and tries to convince the other side, yet neither side will budge. It just runs in circles.

After years of paying attention to this crap, I've been relieved of much stress by ignoring everything.

• Members
Originally posted by Def_Pearl_Pilot

I have to agree with you on this one. I didn't know what this guy's reputation was before and I don't know after. I could see if this guy made $75 million and LOST it as a direct result of the movie due to lost contracts or something.

Or, if he had the *real* potential to earn that much money and now can't because his rep was ruined.

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by SteinbergerHack

How many other companies were there with the resources and capacity to bid on those contracts?

How much time (and money) would have been wasted by trying to solicit bids from companies that don't exist?

How many government contract bids have you ever been involved with?

I'm not a big Halliburton fan, but I just can't believe that this issue keeps coming up; it's a pure red herring. The only people who fall for it are those who don't appear to understand the process for contracting these services.

I don't believe that Halliburton was the ONLY company with the resources and capacity to "bid" on those contracts.

And what do you mean by the time and money wasted trying to solicit bids from other companies???????

Were we THAT much in a hurry to go to war????
Don't you think this whole war is a waste of time and money????

I think it would be quite naive to think there is no connection between Dick Cheney and Halliburton being awarded multi billion dollar contracts.

The Iraq war was being planned out LONG before 9-11.

Paul Wolfowitz had written a lengthy report back in 1993 on why it would be necessary to invade Iraq.

• Members
Originally posted by Z0S0

Anti-American 'cause he shows the truth?
:rolleyes:

If it really was the truth, he wouldnt need to spin, edit and do otherwise to show it. Im not saying that hes fabricating but Come on, MM's tactics are well documented and debunked...

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

If it really was the truth, he wouldnt need to spin, edit and do otherwise to show it. Im not saying that hes fabricating but Come on, MM's tactics are well documented and debunked...

While I can't say I didn't appreciate some of what MM was trying to point out in that movie, the "creative editing" borders on outrageous. At one point, he has a clip of Rice saying something and then cuts away before she finishes, although she pauses so it appears legit. It made her look really bad and if you hear the full clip of what she said, it is the exact opposite of what Moore makes you believe in the movie. Total bull{censored} IMO...

Steve

• Members
Originally posted by sah5150

While I can't say I didn't appreciate some of what MM was trying to point out in that movie, the "creative editing" borders on outrageous. At one point, he has a clip of Rice saying something and then cuts away before she finishes, although she pauses so it appears legit. It made her look really bad and if you hear the full clip of what she said, it is the exact opposite of what Moore makes you believe in the movie. Total bull{censored} IMO...

Steve

exactly where Im coming from Steve, the truth should be able to stand on its own merit....

I guess MM and Mark Furman have alot in common;)

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Yeah, he's got good tactics and he gets people talking about him and his movies...perfect publicity. I like the way he talks about serious stuff and then manages to add humour to it. I love the scene in Bowling For Columbine where he opens a bank account and when he's asked what kind of account he wants, he says he wants the one where you get a free gun. lol Awesome!

On another topic. Kage, how is your wife doing? I hope she's doing well in these incredibly difficult circumstances. Hang in there man!

• Members

So how does one come up with the sum of 85 million for mis quotation anyways? What pain and suffering could he possibly have from that dumbass movie to warrant that crazy high number. Id think after all that he's been through a little quote edditing wouldnt be the worst thing that happened to him. If its a priciple type thing I would think a public apology and clarification would suffice. But what am I thinking this is the New USA and douche baggery in and around the gov/law is the norm. Sad Really.

• Members

I think if you want to prove MM is an idiot and a liar you should join the army/navy or marines and stick it to him. Prove you believe 100% in the War and our government! don't be all talk and no walk!

I love this country, but there is so hate it scares me...gays, blacks, immigrants, kranks....whats next Grass? {censored} that is illegal too:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by danyeo

Some war veteran is sueing the fat ass for 85 million. The veteran lost an arm during service and he claims Moore used him in Farenheit 911 without his permission and he claims Moore portrayed him as being anti-war which isn't true.

Now let the pointless bickering begin.
:wave:

Excellent roast that fat {censored}er liberal asshole!! :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Blackwater

I think if you want to prove MM is an idiot and a liar you should join the army/navy or marines and stick it to him. Prove you believe 100% in the War and our government! don't be all talk and no walk!

I love this country, but there is so hate it scares me...gays, blacks, immigrants, kranks....whats next Grass? {censored} that is illegal too:confused:

Don't forget Kirk Hammets tone in that list of hate as well :wave: (allthough they have laid off him for the last couple of weeks, but Friday isa comming! :thu: )

• Members
Originally posted by dcooper830

I don't believe that Halliburton was the ONLY company with the resources and capacity to "bid" on those contracts.

If you don't have access to the capital equipment to perform the task, then you cannot bid.

And what do you mean by the time and money wasted trying to solicit bids from other companies???????

Ever been through a RFP/RFQ process with a government contract? Apparently, not..... The time and effort involved with this process is why certain brandhes of the federal government create IDIQ schedules to cover items that can't easily be opened out for general bidding.

Were we THAT much in a hurry to go to war????

Don't you think this whole war is a waste of time and money????

That's irrelevant to the Halliburton issue. Once the troops are in-country, it would be dereliction of duty to allow a paper-shuffling exercise to delay getting supplies support personnel into the are.

I think it would be quite naive to think there is no connection between Dick Cheney and Halliburton being awarded multi billion dollar contracts.

Frankly, I think it's ludicrous and time-wasting to question it. If you think Halliburton should be excluded from government contracts, then you need to propose an alternative supplier. Nobody has ever been able to do this. Has it ever occurred to you that if Halliburton was actually making the 'obscene profits' that the naysayers refer to that somebody else would make the investment to become a competitor and take some of those profits for themselves? Think about it for more than 5 seconds, and it becomes obvious.....

The Iraq war was being planned out LONG before 9-11.

Paul Wolfowitz had written a lengthy report back in 1993 on why it would be necessary to invade Iraq.

Perhaps. What this has to do with the issuing of logistics contracts is exactly nothing.

• Members

I just did a websearch to see if I could find some 'facts' about all this stuff.

All I found were a bunch of wildly contradictory claims on both sides of the issue.

There's way too much "I read it, so it must be true" attitude in the world.

In fact, we have such a huge information overload these days, that I rarely believe anything I read .... PARTICULARLY on forums. Lots of opinion, conjecture, very little fact.

• Members

I find it amazing that a guy like MM can stir up so much controversy. The misconceptions people here easily point out are exactly what our politicians do to us everyday. Why aren't we more pissed off at them? Why to incumbents keep getting re-elected? If we paid more attention to what's going on and tried to see through all of the bull{censored} perhaps we could make our own conclusions and not jump on any partisan bandwagons. I am a registered Democrat. I agree with issues from all sides of the fence, not just Liberal and conservative. I vote Republican, Democrat, Independent, whatever it takes to get the job done in our government. I don't particularly like MM, but if you see what he has to say it'll make you think a bit. I do think George W. is a likable guy even though he is a bumbling ass. Nuf said.