OT: Al-Zarqawi Dead

cloudnine

• Members
Originally posted by SkidMarx

now that's funny. In order to crave power you have to demonstrate an ability to take it. Canada couldn't kick Bon Jovi's ass. HA! Just f-in witcha, kid.
;):D

Haha, you can keep Bon Jovi :D

I met JBJ in Toronto on the street actually once, but thats another, less interesting story. :p

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

The real truth isn't about a country demonstrating the ability to take power but the desire to take power. The ability comes from the desire.

Yeah sorry guys, we spent all our possible stealth bomber money on healthcare and education and all that other boring {censored}. :(

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Yeah sorry guys, we spent all our possible stealth bomber money on healthcare and education and all that other boring {censored}.
:(

what will you throw at the danes when they try to invade you from greenland?:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by JackBootedThug

Sean,and James,

What's the Canadian reaction over the terror cell that was busted up there?j/c

Not really much here. People are a bit shocked, but life continues as normal. There was mild vandalization (is that a word?) of a mosque but other than that, not much backlash either.

• Members
Originally posted by Roccaforte Amps

Are you speaking for all of canada, or just yourself?

Canada seems to like to mind its own business,

which is ok, but if a country like yours does this,

then they have no room to comment on the US

as far as I'm concerned. The USA has bailed

many countries out of their problems,

and taken heat for it all the way through.

Funny though, where does the majority

of the world want to live, and admire,

and copy? The USA, it can't be denied.

Which countries have been bailed out, pray tell :confused:

Dont say WW1 or 2, please.

And i'd much rather live here than in the US. I'd rather live in Scandiniavia than the US, too.

• Members

Yeah sorry guys, we spent all our possible stealth bomber money on healthcare and education and all that other boring {censored}.
:(

Not to sound hostile, but when you dont have a large percentage of your GNP going to national defense you can funnel massive amounts of funds to social programs.

• Members

Not to sound hostile, but when you dont have a large percentage of your GNP going to national defense you can funnel massive amounts of funds to social programs.

Well, I dont see what's "defensive" about attacking other countries and developing all kind of nuclear weapons, but...:o

• Members

When your country is a frozen wasteland with a penchant for wimpery that no nation in its right mind would want to take possession of, there's no need for national defense because there's nothing to defend.

• Members
Originally posted by SkidMarx

if you are talking to me, since when have you been interestd in facts and logic? If you were interested in facts and l;ogic you'd acknowledge that Arab scum have been killing in the name of Allah for decades. Noone cared, so long as it was just Jews and an occassional Marine or two. Then 9/11 happened. Game on. I don't know what pissant country you are from, probably an old world superpower like France that is pissed off that you aren't at the top of the food cghain anymore. But wherever you are from just do me one favor. When you have your own 9/11, don't look to America to bail your stupid ass out. Have a {censored}ty day. Love, Skid.

The American government had been killing in the name of "fighting Communism" for far longer than that, both directly and via proxy wars. Killing is killing regardless of who does it and in what name. I'm just pointing that out. We are far from innocent in the killing game.

Furthermore, what does that last line mean? Why would any country need "bailed out" because of three buildings destroyed and a very small proportion of their population hurt or killed? For instance, Russia has been battling Chechan terrorism for years and haven't called anyone for help. In fact, they opposed our invasion of Iraq as well. We haven't exactly been "bailing out" terror-wracked countries in this "post 9/11" world, Skid, except for the ones we invaded.

• Members
Originally posted by PlayboyChris

When your country is a frozen wasteland with a penchant for wimpery that no nation in its right mind would want to take possession of, there's no need for national defense because there's nothing to defend.

You of all people should appreciate...

Peter North was born Alden Brown on May 11, 1957. He is originally from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Pamela Anderson was born near Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada.

:wave: :wave:

• Members

You of all people should appreciate...

Peter North was born Alden Brown on May 11, 1957. He is originally from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Pamela Anderson was born near Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada.

:wave:
:wave:

And both loved it enough to stay ....

• Members
Originally posted by PlayboyChris

Hey Sean, can I come over to your igloo today? I'll take my dog sled. See you in 5 minutes.

• Members
Originally posted by JamesPeters

Hey Sean, can I come over to your igloo today? I'll take my dog sled. See you in 5 minutes.

Yeah, luckily Calgary is just a few minutes down the road or it'd be tough trying to navigate the trails.

Watch out though, it's approaching -20C, so the igloo isnt in great shape. Just make sure you dont crash the sled into it.