Well we have decided to officially be a four piece forever

Sordid1

• Members

As some of you know we had to let our original rythm guitarist go due to some issues that I would rather not discuss. Well after trying out a couple very gifted guitarist we realized that we were meant to be a four piece forever. Now the fun part is that it gives me an excuse to buy a second Gflex 4x12 sometime this year :thu:

_Shane

• Members

Ahhh damn, band woes eh Shane? I can sympathize. It's nearly impossible to find a GOOD guitarist who's at my level around here (while there are many guitarists around, the level of quality of them I should say, sucks, skillwise and attitude wise) and the few you do find worth a damn are either not interested, already in another band, or basically "retired".

It's bad enough we may end up having to bring our ex-frontman back into the frontman position because the few around here that tried out either can't fit into our ecclectic style of metal or don't have the skills to do so. I tell you man, if I didn't love playing music so much I would have said, SCREW THIS, packed my crap and found another hobby to focus on long ago. It's still frustrating though.

Here's to you and your band's good fortune my friend, I hope things work out great for you reguardless man. m/:cool:m/

• Members

Thanks for the kind words Jay and honestly both guys had the right attitudes and were great but they just didn't gel with the band. At first I thought I had to get a second guitarist but after the three best gigs we have ever had I realized we were meant to be a four piece. It's very hard to get an entire band on the same wave lenght about everything so when you do don't mess with it. We are hitting the studio this October so shortly after you will have some JSX recordings soon after that should turn out great.

_Shane

• Members
Originally posted by Sordid1

As some of you know we had to let our original rythm guitarist go due to some issues that I would rather not discuss. Well after trying out a couple very gifted guitarist we realized that we were meant to be a four piece forever. Now the fun part is that it gives me an excuse to buy a second Gflex 4x12 sometime this year
:thu:

_Shane

One guitar and still 4-piece? What's the other instrument? Keys? sax? dual drummers? turntable?

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

One guitar and still 4-piece? What's the other instrument? Keys? sax? dual drummers? turntable?

I assume this was a joke post but it's bass, drums, guitar and vocals.

• Members

im in a two guitar band...i have to say i am the most skilled in the band (At guitar...) but thats ok...i like punk-style music :thu: i just shred over it LMAO!

in my other project the other guitarist is at a comparable skill level with me, so its cool. we click, we can both play, and were finishing up some stuff this weekend so we should have all our stuff down and have a CD soon...hurray! but it took me YEARS to find him, and him to find me...and we met through MYSPACE of all places!

but yea, it is hard to find people who are dedicated, have a high enough skill level, and who are cool guys ya know? but once you find em DONT LET GO.

• Members

I assume this was a joke post but it's bass, drums, guitar and vocals.

Well the question was serious. I don't know hardly any gigging bands that have a "singer only" taking up space and hard-earned pay. Nobody else in the band wants to sing?:confused::wave:

• Members

It's very hard to get an entire band on the same wave length about everything so when you do don't mess with it.

Very true, Shane --- best of luck to you guys, and your "new" band :thu:

-Attila

• Members
Originally posted by azure and drkz

:D
Of course not, but one listen to anyone try to play and sing at the same time and their vocal quality drops.

so,you're saying that SRV,and counless others should have hired a dedicated singer or guitarist when they toured?

• Members
Originally posted by leadfootdriver

I hate playing with another guitar player.

I know how to play in a 2-guitar band. I like playing with another guitarist who also knows how. I hate playing with guitarists who don't have a clue.

• Members

Originally posted by soc_monki

im in a two guitar band...i have to say i am the most skilled in the band (At guitar...) but thats ok...i like punk-style music
i just shred over it LMAO!

in my other project the other guitarist is at a comparable skill level with me, so its cool. we click, we can both play, and were finishing up some stuff this weekend so we should have all our stuff down and have a CD soon...hurray! but it took me YEARS to find him, and him to find me...and we met through MYSPACE of all places!

but yea, it is hard to find people who are dedicated, have a high enough skill level, and who are cool guys ya know? but once you find em DONT LET GO.

I had that in my last band but unfortunately the guitarist was the only one in the band I clicked with that well. I played with that guy for about five years and while we clicked great he has a fairly narrow scope of playing so I had to move on.

• Members

Originally posted by azure and drkz

Vocals sound alot better when the singer isn't trying to do two things at once tho.......BTW , Sordid I listened to a few of your songs yesterday and loved it. m/:love:Advocate for lowrange dominance!

Thanks man and for me the reason I have a dedicated singer is because the live show is a lot better to me if you have a dedicated singer. Especially in a four piece I would hate to have one guy tied to the mic all the time. No question there are some great singerguitarist in the world but for me personally I like having it seperate.

• Members

Originally posted by Attila

Very true, Shane --- best of luck to you guys, and your "new" band

-Attila

thanks Attila, we had our first rehearsal last night as a four piece (well since before we started auditioning people) and it was the best one we have had in a long time. Life is good :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

More room for you to grip it and rip it Shane.

Good luck man.

+1

I've been in a 2 guitar band for a long time now and I'm kinda sick of it. Every time I write something I have to keep in mind the other guys limitations.

Jeez, I hope he doesn't read this thread!:eek::D

Archived