The Greatest Zeppelin album of them all?

Sir Don

• Members

In my opinion, after considering all options, styles, release dates etc I would have to go with Houses Of The Holy. It contains hard rock, acoustic, progressive. The only style it doesn't have is blues like the first album. I love it though.

What do you think? bear in mind there is no wrong or right answer here. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i don't really like zeppelin (i know...it's a sin)...i'm more of a black sabbath fan. my bandmates used to be in a led zep cover band when they were younger...they all hate me! haha!:D IV is good...houses of the holy is good too...just not one of my fave bands tho...

• Members

Originally posted by j666

i don't really like zeppelin (i know...it's a sin)...i'm more of a black sabbath fan. my bandmates used to be in a led zep cover band when they were younger...they all hate me! haha!
:D
IV is good...houses of the holy is good too...just not one of my fave bands tho...

That's cool, all opinions respected. Cheers.

• Members

Originally posted by j666

i don't really like zeppelin (i know...it's a sin)...i'm more of a black sabbath fan. my bandmates used to be in a led zep cover band when they were younger...they all hate me! haha!
:D
IV is good...houses of the holy is good too...just not one of my fave bands tho...

+1

Paranoid is my favorite "Classic Rock" record.

I just never got into any Led Zeppelin album as a whole...ever. But I don't knock LZ, they still made great music.

• Members

Originally posted by leadfootdriver

It cracks me up when kids rip on Jimmy Page. He wrote killer music, and Zep was such a great band. Punks totally miss this.

LOL! punks listening to zep? are you high? zep is a crappy corporate band, the dead kennedys, for example, actually wrote about social issues and other important stuff. "lynch the landlord," for example again, is a great song.

all zep ever wrote is crappy love songs and mystical mumbojumbo... when they weren't plagerizing from old blues guys, that is. no punk wants to hear that vacuous tripe.

• Members

Originally posted by whoop

LOL! punks listening to zep? are you high? zep is a crappy corporate band, the dead kennedys, for example, actually wrote about social issues and other important stuff. "lynch the landlord," for example again, is a great song.

all zep ever wrote is crappy love songs and mystical mumbojumbo... when they weren't plagerizing from old blues guys, that is. no punk wants to hear that vacuous tripe.

You're a crackpot. Get off my computer screen...

• Members

Physical Graffiti hands down:thu:

Followed by: IV, II, III, I, Houses of the Holy, Presence, In Through the Out Door, and CODA.

Including live: Disc II of Sessions is the greatest live sound I've ever heard....it's right up there with Live at Leeds, but better!:love:

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by Sir Don

In my opinion, after considering all options, styles, release dates etc I would have to go with Houses Of The Holy. It contains hard rock, acoustic, progressive. The only style it doesn't have is blues like the first album. I love it though.

Yeah, I'd go with Houses Of The Holy for my pick. It's just so epic.

Possibly the first disc of Physical Graffiti for second.

Man, they set up punk, just listen to Communication Breakdown. That's just a slower version of what came to be punk, no matter what anyone wants to say. They did so many great things, it's unbelieveable yet you can listen to them and its there.

Plus, anyone talking {censored} on Zeppelin, yet praising punk, is halfway to clinical retardation.

{censored} THE GOVERNMENT, {censored} PARENTS, {censored} ANY AND ALL AUTHORITY FIGURES BECAUSE THEY MUST {censored}ING SUCK AHHHH {censored} YOU {censored} YOU {censored} YOU LOL!

• Members

Physical Graffiti without a doubt. Even if it were released as a single album containing Custard Pie, The Rover, In my time of dying, Houses of the holy, Trampled Underfoot and Kashmir - it still would have been the best. But as a double album, you also get In the light, Down by the Seaside, The Wanton Song, Black country woman, and others.

Zeppelin at its peak. :thu::cool:

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Physical Graffiti without a doubt. Even if it were released as a single album containing Custard Pie, The Rover, In my time of dying, Houses of the holy, Trampled Underfoot and Kashmir - it
still
would have been the best. But as a double album, you also get In the light, Down by the Seaside, The Wanton Song, Black country woman, and others.

Zeppelin at its peak.
:thu::cool:

+1

But pound for pound Presence gives Physical Graffitti a run for its money. This was Bonham's best period, IMO. I can't even listen to LZ II and IV any more.

Archived