Can you guys name this Yamaha keyboard>

thefyn

• Members

I disagree. The Yamaha arrangement keyboards sound pretty good - especially for the price. Definitely they do not sound like "typical GM sounds", or "ashamedly bad".

It's all about having less snobbish attitude, and practice to get better at playing. I am sure not many people here would have the skills to play this - yet, it's a Yamaha DGX - judge yourself.

F5wjKbQ8G0c

• Members

I disagree. The Yamaha arrangement keyboards sound pretty good -
especially
for the price. Definitely they do not sound like "typical GM sounds", or "ashamedly bad".

I agree with this, these entry-level arrangement boards are not bad considering what they are worth. I have owned a DGX-550 before (bought at an extremely low price), the sounds are pretty decent. I even have made some youtube videos with them, but they do the keyboard no justice since the audio quality of those videos were horrible. :rolleyes:

as for the keyboard in the picture itself, it looks like a DGX-230.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's all about having less snobbish attitude, and practice to get better at playing. I am sure not many people here would have the skills to play this - yet, it's a Yamaha DGX - judge yourself.

The problem with the piano keyboards of anything that's low end is that they feel cheap. The case is plastic, which means that all the noise the keys make is transmitted, and the keys are shiny and too smooth. The somewhat roughened up keys of either actual ebony or what the RD700GX feel objectively better.

If I wanted to learn to play and be serious about it, I'd really really go for a higher end digital piano; simply because in almost every single case, the keys feel better.

Sound is not so much an issue anymore anyway. Thank goodness we're past the time the M1 piano was the pinnacle of realism.

• Members

Yes and No DGX 305 can be used as a midi controller, only usb to computer. It' can't be used as a midi controller with modules or keyboards.

Connectivity

USB Yes (To Host)

Headphones Yes

AUX Pedal Yes (Foot Switch, FC4/5)

DC In Yes

• Members

The problem with the piano keyboards of anything that's low end is that they feel cheap. The case is plastic, which means that all the noise the keys make is transmitted, and the keys are shiny and too smooth. The somewhat roughened up keys of either actual ebony or what the RD700GX feel objectively better.

If I wanted to learn to play and be serious about it, I'd really really go for a higher end digital piano; simply because in almost every single case, the keys feel better.

Sound is not so much an issue anymore anyway. Thank goodness we're past the time the M1 piano was the pinnacle of realism.

:cop: Yoozer - you took only a portion of my phrase:

I disagree. The Yamaha arrangement keyboards sound pretty good - especially for the price. Definitely they do not sound like "typical GM sounds", or "ashamedly bad".

I was obviously responding to the accuses of the DGX sounding like a "bad GM preset" which it doesn't. It seems like you agree with me on that point, since you say

As far as

, I would hope that a digital piano that costs $2,500 as opposed to the $100-150 for a used DGX wouldn't have a plastic case, and that the keyboard action be considerably better!

But - sticking to the topic discussed here - there's a guy who wants an opinion on buying a used DGX at an auction - not a higher-end digital piano...

-

• 1 month later...

Archived