Advise on a boogie PLEASE! :)

cacheek

• Members

I need a nice boogie combo (2x12 preferably) to compliment my F-100. Please give me options and why. I'll be trading or selling a Concert Reverb and adding cash to it, so I'm hoping to have about $900-1000 to spend on a combo. Thanks in advance!

• Members

Originally posted by cacheek

I need a nice boogie combo (2x12 preferably) to compliment my F-100. Please give me options and why. I'll be trading or selling a Concert Reverb and adding cash to it, so I'm hoping to have about $900-1000 to spend on a combo. Thanks in advance!

DC-5:thu:

• Members

Allow me to clarify. I'm not looking to gig with them at the same time or A/B them. I just want a different boogie to record separately with. I need something with liquidy gain. I thought about trading my Nomad 55, but don't know yet. Perhaps a Maverick?

• Members

Allow me to clarify. I'm not looking to gig with them at the same time or A/B them. I just want a different boogie to record separately with. I need something with liquidy gain. I thought about trading my Nomad 55, but don't know yet. Perhaps a Maverick?

Oh okay. I still suggest a Rectoverb. :cool:

I have an F-50 and a Recto Roadster and between the two of them I have all the range I could really ask for except for British tones (which is why I have a JCM800 too).

If you want to cover more British territory, a Stiletto Ace would be pretty kickass.

• Members

WOW! Any idea what you want this Mesa to sound like?

• Members

Originally posted by SunBurstin'

Rectoverb 1x12 Series II combo. If you can't swing a Series II, the Series I is still a great amp, the main difference being the "Raw" channel found on the Series II, which is highly useful.

Raw channel's pretty much all I use if I'm playing with another guitarist and need to cut through. Vintage and modern get too buzzy but Raw is just fat sounding.

• Members

get a lonestar. you can get a 1x12 (oversized) or the 4x10 combo. you can also get a head and cab. there is the std lonestar (100 watts, switchable to 50, switchable tube/solid recitifier), and the lonestar special, 35/15/5 watts class A.

the lonestar has very smooth gain and a beautiful (mesa's best) clean tone. just go play one. with the special, you can use the 5 watt option and get saturated recording tones without melting down the walls.

std

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Lonestar/Lonestar.htm

special

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Lonestar/LonestarSpecial.htm

still, go play a few and see what you like.

• Members
Originally posted by doggage5050

get a lonestar. you can get a 1x12 (oversized) or the 4x10 combo. you can also get a head and cab. there is the std lonestar (100 watts, switchable to 50, switchable tube/solid recitifier), and the lonestar special, 35/15/5 watts class A.

the lonestar has very smooth gain and a beautiful (mesa's best) clean tone. just go play one. with the special, you can use the 5 watt option and get saturated recording tones without melting down the walls.

std

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Lonestar/Lonestar.htm

special

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Lonestar/LonestarSpecial.htm

still, go play a few and see what you like.

Lonestars are great amps. But they're sort of in the same league as the F series in a lot of ways. I think cacheek would be better off finding an amp a little more different sounding than his F-100.

And I disagree, Mesa's best clean channel belongs to the F-50/F-100 in my opinion.:p I a/b'd the lonestar and F-50 and chose the F-50 for that reason.

I still suggest the rectoverb!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

Be careful, the F series doesn't always sound great with other amps. I'm not a fan of it mixed with my JCM800 for example. Sounds good with a recto though. I haven't tried it with other amps yet...

I'd say get a rectoverb combo.

Actually I was gonna say a Tremoverb 2x12 would be a perfect match as the amps both have nice cleans and tons of gain, but sound completely different.

• Members
Originally posted by metallicarokerx

you could try to find a mesa heartbreaker on ebay.. they arent made anymore but they are great little amps

Little? Those amps are big and weigh in at about an even 100 lbs. They are hardly little. My T-Verb weighs in at 107 lbs. Hell even the Mesa 1x12 combos are hefty. :D

Archived