It takes a Marine

DoubleBarrel

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by DoubleBarrel

ok, let me use small words so you don't get confused.

Open the bible (if you even have one) Find the 10 commandments. What is the first one on the list ? The first commandment ? What does it say ? type the first commandment out & read it.

Once you understand that, I'll show you how the professor broke it.
:wave:

No need to be a jerk, your statement was worded poorly, after all. This is, no doubt, due to an extremely fast typing rate that you developed from all of your guitar exercises :D

• Members

I knocked out college professors:D

By your evasive answer, I'll assume you did nothing that justifies your {censored}ty attitude and insults. You don't seem too modest, so why not brag about the ways you've protected freedom? Is it because you didn't do anything of note?

• Members

But to equate that with uniformed military service absurd at best.

The sole reason to be an unpaid political activist is to promote your idea of justice and equality. In other words, to try and make this country a better place (though opinions on what is better differ greatly), and protect the ideals upon which it was founded. Unless you can honestly say that this was the only reason you enlisted, it might be a good idea to lay off.

No disrespect for the armed forces intended; God knows our troops go through hell, oftentimes without even knowing the real reasons why. However, IMO you're being a little harsh.

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

It's a {censored}ing job, dude.
:wave:
Yes, you may feel passionate about it, but so do proctologists.

Yeah, how often do proctologist get shot at ??????

It's not just a job, but you'll never know that unless you do it.

• Members

Originally posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues

You're right. That takes a hell of a lot more guts than following orders like a drone.

You can tell you have never served, because if you did, you'd realise what a dumbass remark that is. But I defend your right to be as dumb as you wana be & say all the dumb thing you wish.

• Members

Originally posted by ibanezhater

Nobody knows how to get blown up better than a Marine! Nobody knows how to slaughter children and rape women better than a Marine.

Semper Fi!

Now you're being ridiculous for the sole purpose of starting a fight. Was there a point to your statement or do you disrespect the sacrifice of thousands of people (people not unlike yourself) just for fun?

• Members

Yeah, how often do proctologist get shot at ??????

It's not just a job, but you'll never know that unless you do it.

It's a job. A different job, definitely, but you equating it with the noblest of heroic acts is laughable.

• Members

Originally posted by rockapede

The sole reason to be an unpaid political activist is to promote your idea of justice and equality. In other words, to try and make this country a better place (though opinions on what is better differ greatly), and protect the ideals upon which it was founded. Unless you can honestly say that this was the only reason you enlisted, it might be a good idea to lay off.

No disrespect for the armed forces intended; God knows our troops go through hell, oftentimes without even knowing the real reasons why. However, IMO you're being a little harsh.

Ha, he calls me a a goat{censored}ing so and so, and i'm being harsh ?????

• Members

Originally posted by ibanezhater

Nobody knows how to get blown up better than a Marine! Nobody knows how to slaughter children and rape women better than a Marine.

Semper Fi!

There are bad apples in every bunch --- I don't think it is fair of you to generalize, and put them all in the same grouping.

-Attila

• Members

I spent 4 years in the Marines. I am proud to call this man a fellow marine.

Semper Fi

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes." The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am God. I'm still waiting." It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold. The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid {censored} and act like an asshole. ................So, He sent me."

Stupid crap to say the very least. :freak:

• Members

Now you're being ridiculous for the sole purpose of starting a fight. Was there a point to your statement or do you disrespect the sacrifice of thousands of people (people not unlike yourself) just for fun?

Ah ! Even I agree on this.

• Members

Ha, he calls me a a goat{censored}ing so and so, and i'm being harsh ?????

And he was wrong for saying that. I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was my job to moderate this argument and address every single thing said. How does his name calling affect your behavior, exactly?

Look, I agree with a lot of things you are saying (don't mistake that for "everything"). I don't think your point is going to be very effective, or have any effect at all, if you get angry with those that disagree (even those who are hateful about it). Surely you had to have known that the HCAF was not going to be 100% behind what you had to say?

• Members

Am I the only person who believes that religious soldiers is a terrible thing?

Doublebarrel basically stated that violence is justified against someone who doesn't believe in his God... So how does he feel about people who believe in adifferent God? That they are somehow sub-human? That they "deserve" to suffer? To feel less remorse at killing them? Worse, to actively aim to cull them?

Seems like the sort of thinking that led to the gas showers.

• Members

I don't see that you've done anything for this country. What you have done is create a public nusiance, and unrest to cater to your own political adgenda. All you have done is whine like a little bitch.

Sorry, but that does not equal Marine Corps service.........not even close.

+1

Did you burn your bra in the sixties?

• Members

And he was wrong for saying that. I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was my job to moderate this argument and address every single thing said. How does his name calling affect your behavior, exactly?

It doesn't really, I was just wondering why he calls me a goat{censored}er and you don't say a word.

But when i call him on it I am being harsh ?

I was just wondering why you told me and didn't tell him, he was being harsh ?

• Members

You can tell you have never served, because if you did, you'd realise what a dumbass remark that is. But I defend your right to be as dumb as you wana be & say all the dumb thing you wish.

Thanks, bro

That's all that I need, some THUG whose only job is to KILL without emotion. That's all you're good for (at least according to the government, like it or not). You're a killer, nothing more, nothing less. You are not a liberator, and you're certainly not a hero.

The reason why all the other branches of the military hates your guts is because you actually believe all the bull{censored}. The few the proud...my ass! You know, I've met retired Marines, and all they could talk about was their days in the corps. I've also met a couple of retired Special Forces guys, Seals and a Ranger. They made no mention of their background, and the only way you'd likely find out about their bloody past would be to ask them directly.

Hey, I also support your right to be dumber than the next guy because only the dumbest of the dumb volunteer for the Marine Corps. It's Darwinism - let the truly stupid kill themselves in the Marines. The rest of the human race will grow stronger.

• Members

It doesn't really, I was just wondering why he calls me a goat{censored}er and you don't say a word.

But when i call him on it I am being harsh ?

I was just wondering why you told me and didn't tell him, he was being harsh ?

To be completely honest, I missed that comment. I'm sorry.

• Members

Originally posted by cloudnine

It's a job. A different job, definitely, but you equating it with the noblest of heroic acts is laughable.

You are just upset because your country is like a red-headed stepchild!

• Members
Originally posted by paulintheuk

Am I the only person who believes that religious soldiers is a terrible thing?

Doublebarrel basically stated that violence is justified against someone who doesn't believe in his God... .

Hold on there Cooter..........I never said anything even remotely like that. Unless it had a :D which means it's a joke.

If you could, please quote me and show me where i said that.

Archived