What is the most painful thing you have ever felt?

rcervera

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I jumped out a really big hedge and didn't time it right. When I got to the other side my hands were somewhere other than in front of me and I used my face to break my fall.:o

My upper and lower lips swelled up nice and gross. My parents kept making fun of me.:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by rcervera

OMG

How did you get that fixed?

They were my baby teeth luckily, I was...8, I think.

But they were driven up into my skull and I had to have surgery to have them taken out, I can still kinda feel the place where they had to cut them out and stitch things up.

So it's not like "oh they just came out a bit earlier."

• Members

I've had a lot of things happen that should have hurt but didn't...got a broken orbital bone and jaw that didn't hurt much at all. Even after the reconstructive surgery it didn't really hurt.

A few months ago I hurt my arms at the gym and asked my wife to rub some ointment on me...she went down to her grandmas house and got something I thought was going to be like Icy-Hot. {censored}! It was some kind of perscription arthritis cream and she rubbed it ALL OVER both arms really thick. It took a minute to start burning then it felt like both my arms were covered in kerosene and on fire! I was in tears standing under the shower all the way to cold and still on fire. It laster for a couple of hours. Imagine being lit on fire and not being able to put it out with anything. I tried everything...aloe, vitamin K lotion for sunburns, vinegar, baking soda...too late, it already soaked into my skin. I was in agony and my arms were chemical burned like a really bad sunburn for a week. :cry:

• Members

ive played sports all the way through my life and still do. Done a lot of extreme things, broken a lot of bones as well. But the most excruciating pain i have ever endure was getitng Copenhagen snuff in my eye. (smokeless tobacco dip). Good {censored}ing holy lord of christ, both my eyes shut, and i seriously thought i was gonna go blind. That hurt.

• Members

I had a compound fracture of my arm that the orthopedic surgeon took a crack at setting by hand.......no pain killers. He had my parents and nurses holding me down and my brother laying across my chest. He reared back like he was trying to get a stuck lug nut off a god damn wheel and started cranking on my arm like a son of a bitch. I screamed and cryed like a little bitch ( I was fifteen) and then nearly passed out from the pain and was literally sick to my stomache for two days afterward. Of course he did not get it right and a week later after the sweeling subsided he performed surgery and set it. It {censored}ing sucked!

• Members

Originally posted by ss454

I've had a lot of things happen that should have hurt but didn't...got a broken orbital bone and jaw that didn't hurt much at all. Even after the reconstructive surgery it didn't really hurt.

A few months ago I hurt my arms at the gym and asked my wife to rub some ointment on me...she went down to her grandmas house and got something I thought was going to be like Icy-Hot. {censored}! It was some kind of perscription arthritis cream and she rubbed it ALL OVER both arms really thick. It took a minute to start burning then it felt like both my arms were covered in kerosene and on fire! I was in tears standing under the shower all the way to cold and still on fire. It laster for a couple of hours. Imagine being lit on fire and not being able to put it out with anything. I tried everything...aloe, vitamin K lotion for sunburns, vinegar, baking soda...too late, it already soaked into my skin. I was in agony and my arms were chemical burned like a really bad sunburn for a week.
:cry:

shoulda used a hot shower, that way the pores open from the heat, and the {censored} gets sweat out. Cold showers closes the pores='s locking in the pain.

• Members

Originally posted by CrashDavis

shoulda used a hot shower, that way the pores open from the heat, and the {censored} gets sweat out. Cold showers closes the pores='s locking in the pain.

I tried that but buddy if you think you could add more fuel to that fire and withstood it...more power to ya. That {censored} was putting off heat so bad it was actually hot on my face like a real fire. My wife could even feel the heat coming off me...

• Members

i was skiing with an undiagnosed ACL tear, and landed a jump leaning back a bit... my ACL severed completely, and the bottom of my femur basically slipped back and down into my calf, damaging all the other ligaments, tendons, and menisci in my whole knee.

then i started to tumble, with my lower leg flopping around all willy nilly, ski still attached.

when i got up, my knee popped back into place, except the lateral meniscus was detached and flopped over on top of the medial meniscus, so my knee was totally crooked and i had bone-to-bone contact on the outside.

so yeah, it hurt like a bitch.

this was saturday.

when i finally got to an ortho on monday with my knee the size of a football, he scheduled me for surgery the next day. he said once he got in there and looked around, it looked like a bomb went off, and he considered closing me back up to wait for a total knee replacement (i was only 17 at the time). instead he spent almost 10 hours, pushed everything back into place, cleaned up frayed things, did a sub-patellar ACL graft, put what was left of my meniscus back in the right place, and drilled holes into the marrow of my femur and tibia so it could ooze out and kinda glue all the cartialage chunks in place and (hopefully) build a framework for the cartialage to regenerate. i had to lay in bed strapped to a machine that bent my knee 90 degrees once every 2 minutes, for 48 hours. then i spent 6 months in physical therapy, and it was about a year before i could walk without a limp.

now that's my good knee. :(

Archived