What is the most painful thing you have ever felt?

rcervera

• Members

ss454, you just reminded me of some more pain.

i went to portugal with my ex-girlfriend and on the 1st day we went for a walk to the beach.

i asked her to apply factor 50 to my back because i know i burn...she said "nah, you'll be ok...we'll only be 10 minutes"

1/2 hour later my back was purple!!!! (burned through my t-shirt).

i went to the main hospital and they gave me lotion...didn't help

wen't to a private hospital and begged for some help...they gave me MORPHINE!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

morphine is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the pain went and i felt like i was floating all the way back to the hotel room. :D

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by adiohead

i went to portugal with my ex-girlfriend and on the 1st day we went for a walk to the beach.

i asked her to apply factor 50 to my back because i know i burn...she said "nah, you'll be ok...we'll only be 10 minutes"

1/2 hour later my back was purple!!!! (burned through my t-shirt).

jesus man, you must be so pale you're transparent :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

Too bad you don't have pics of those bloated lips.

I would probably make fun of you as well. Your parents sound cool! I always make fun of my kids when something bad happens to them. It's called good parenting.

I feel for you.

I would be afraid of having a father that posts about beating his wife, but that's just me. I'm sure your kids enjoy the thrill and suspense.

• Members

being told by a doctor to make funeral arrangements for my wife because she only had three weeks to live. that hurt pretty bad. my brother died in my arms. that hurt real goddamn bad.btw-my wife is doing good, four surgeries later. physical pain goes away after awhile, emotional pain lasts all your life.

• Members

I'm not getting into the emotional pain, but physical... I don't know about the worst, but this was up there:

I was about 15 I guess, riding my bike, ok I'm gonna do the long version...

There was this spot called "the hills", a hilly dirt lot where we all rode our bikes, BMX style. The was a ridge at the edge of it that we used as a jump and the street leading to it was the downhill approach. All the "cool kids" were hanging out at the top of "the hills" and I was heading home up the street. Couple more of the cool kids were coming the other way and asked if I could do the jump. I said sure, I did it all the time so it wasn't a big deal. I turned around and started charging down the street towards the jump, a little faster than usualy to impress. The group of kids already there probably noticed me coming. I hit the sweet spot and went flying in the air, probably higher than ever before, but it was perfect, smooth and perfect form. I landed perfectly, both wheels hit at exactly the same time...

And the frame of my POS bike completely shattered. The next thing I new I was face down in the dirt, still clinging to the handle bars with the front wheel sticking out in front of me. All the cool kids came running down, pickup up pieces of my bike from all around. My face had been ground into the dirt and the hole side of it was shredded up and had pebbles imbedded in it.

I gathered up the pieces and walked home trembling. My mom spent about an hour trying to clean me up, but even a week after it happened I still had strangers coming up to me at school saying I should go to the nurses office. They thought it had just happened and couldn't believe it was a week old injury.

Actually, I think rolling my ankle playing volleyball hurt even more. Tore up some ligaments pretty bad, all kinds of pretty colors, layed up for a few days.

Amazingly I've never broken anything.

Holy crap potaetoes, that sounds horrific! I can't even imagine :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

I would be afraid of having a father that posts about beating his wife, but that's just me. I'm sure your kids enjoy the thrill and suspense.

How did I know you would misquote me on that?

You are so predictable. Remember I have pics of you killing your parents!

• Members

- When I was younger, somebody did a judo trick on me and I was thrown upside down in the air and landed on my shoulder on the ice..broken collarbone..took me months to realise it was really broken though..I fell on my ass while skating and the bone kinda moved..it was pretty bad back then..

otherwise, worse one that almost ripped my balls off.

I'm working as a woodworker in a pool tables company..there is this machine that you feed with a piece of wood, and it makes that the side is absolutely straight as 90 degrees angle..

there is a kickback hazard on these..and normally the guards keep the piece from going back...because of grease and dust..they stayed up..I cut a half inch large and about 3 feet long piece of wood..

It didn't even take 1/8sec..all I heard is a loud POW and a burning pain on my thigh near my groin..the piece came back like an arrow..went through 2 shirts, my jean and pocket..and stabbed me a half inch deep...at first I considered myself lucky since I wasn'T seeing blood..I kept working despite the pain ..then I saw a small blood spot on my pants...went in the bathroom to discover that my pocket's bottom worked as a kleenex and sucked all the blood that was coming out until it was soaking wet...had to go to the cliniic..friggin doctor was putting his finger inside to see if any wood was left..got stitches..walked like a weirdo for a week and a half.

• Members

How did I know you would misquote me on that?

You are so predictable. Remember I have pics of you killing your parents!

No, dorkbrain. You have picture of my DEAD parents.

Your liberal mind is wasted, Paul.

Take a vacation.

• Members

Some of my claim to faims:

Having a sword fight with my brother with a serated bread knife and pillow (yes, we were young about 10... and stupid and yes, we did get grilled by our parents) and my brother threw the knife at me (as ya do) so i put the pillow up to shield me. It tore through the pillow and through my thumb. Had to have {censored} knows how many stiches in it. Funnilly enough, this didn't hurt at all. I suppose i had an adrenaline reaction because i didn't feel it for {censored}.

The worst has to be having a microscopic camera thing up my arse :thu:
{censored}ing piles... Never get over that {censored}ing ordeal.

• Members

Originally posted by -=MYK=-

No, dorkbrain. You have picture of my DEAD parents.

Your liberal mind is wasted, Paul.

Take a vacation.

Why does any kind of discussion or just goofing around with you have to turn into you calling names and getting angry?

I know why now. Your parents taught you this behaviour.

I do suggest you seek professional help.

• Members
Originally posted by ss454

I've had a lot of things happen that should have hurt but didn't...got a broken orbital bone and jaw that didn't hurt much at all. Even after the reconstructive surgery it didn't really hurt.

A few months ago I hurt my arms at the gym and asked my wife to rub some ointment on me...she went down to her grandmas house and got something I thought was going to be like Icy-Hot. {censored}! It was some kind of perscription arthritis cream and she rubbed it ALL OVER both arms really thick. It took a minute to start burning then it felt like both my arms were covered in kerosene and on fire! I was in tears standing under the shower all the way to cold and still on fire. It laster for a couple of hours. Imagine being lit on fire and not being able to put it out with anything. I tried everything...aloe, vitamin K lotion for sunburns, vinegar, baking soda...too late, it already soaked into my skin. I was in agony and my arms were chemical burned like a really bad sunburn for a week.
:cry:

I hope you at least got amazing makeup sex after all that! :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by tommythelurker

I gathered up the pieces and walked home trembling. My mom spent about an hour trying to clean me up, but even a week after it happened I still had strangers coming up to me at school saying I should go to the nurses office. They thought it had just happened and couldn't believe it was a week old injury.

:freak:

I know what that's like, I got thrown into the street from an ATV that I crashed into a ditch, gashed up my whole left side, looked disgusting for weeks, they wouldn't even let me in the pool.

• Members

Either.. biting my tongue off (except for a tiny bit of skin... was sewn back on within an hour and it works completely), or breaking one of my carpal bones, the one attached to my thumb. It split in half.

Not fun.

Oh -- or when I was 13, a pitcher, and over the course of a few weeks felt my arm really hurting after I pitched (I was pitched in the 70s at 13, travel and all... never overused it, just was too fast for myself). Well, one game on a fastball I felt everything go. I literally couldn't move my shoulder for weeks.. had to bend my arm at the elbow. I had completely separated my shoulder. Everything was torn -- rotator cuff, ligaments, tendons, everything -- but the bone was still in place. That was by far the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Took 6 months of rehab just to be able to use my shoulder properly. Haven't pitched since. That's one of the reasons I got into guitar as heavily as I am.

• Members

After I had a retina detachment repaired, I had unusual pressure build up in my eye to the point where I was nauseous and vomiting. I toughed it out during the night, and when I went in the following morning for an after surgery checkup, the opthalmologist was so startled when they measured the pressure in my eye, that he ordered my wife out of the room, and proceeded to take a syringe and stick it right into my eye and withdraw all this built-up fluid and blood.

Apparently such high pressure risks damaging the optic nerve and leading to blindness.

So, having a syringe piercing my eye with no anesthesia is likely the most painful/disturbing thing I have experienced. I do not recommend it.

• Members

When I was a kid I slid my bike in some gravel while wearing shorts, and basically flayed my thigh clean of skin. It looked {censored}ing impressive--blood everywhere--but didn't really hurt. I got home, wiped up the blood, and sprayed some synthetic skin on my leg.

THAT was the most painful thing I've ever felt.

• Members

Why does any kind of discussion or just goofing around with you have to turn into you calling names and getting angry?

I know why now. Your parents taught you this behaviour.

I do suggest you seek professional help.

Well Paul, you you're going to act condescending and intelligent, you must do so with all your effort so that you don't make little bonehead mistake.

Otherwise I will not hesitate to make fun of your silly attempts.

As much as you would like to believe my parents have a great deal to do with me making fun of you acting like a dork, they don't know you at all, and why would they?

Paul, if you can't pull it together, I think we're gonna have your I.P. traced and have government workers come to your house. Your behavior as a parent is unacceptable.

Love,

Child protective services

Archived