Why do rappers always have other people on stage with them, shouting?

Random Hero

• Members

Shouting words or talking over a drum machine and (sometimes)STOLEN melodies/keyboard lines is NOT music. Its that simple. Simple noise for simple people. If you buy rap cd's and support this, you should be shot in the face.

Jimmy Page should be decapitated for that whole puff daddy bull{censored}. {censored} rap . You have to be pretty {censored}ing simple minded to listen to that worthless noise. Nothing i hate more! :mad::mad::freak::mad:

THERE ARE NO MUSICIANS IN HIPHOP

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by MetalGuitar08

You have to be kidding. Shredding is showing an awesome technicality, rapping is not musical at all. They are not comparable by any means. You're an idiot.
:)

LOL

Pot calling the kettle black. How is rapping not musical? I suppose drumming isn't musical? I understand someone preferring shred over rap, but saying rap isn't music is ridiculous. No different than the jazz/classical types saying rock wasn't music in the 50s.

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by 496dart

Shouting words or talking over a drum machine and (sometimes)STOLEN melodies/keyboard lines is NOT music. Its that simple. Simple noise for simple people. If you buy rap cd's and support this, you should be shot in the face.

Jimmy Page should be decapitated for that whole puff daddy bull{censored}. {censored} rap . You have to be pretty {censored}ing simple minded to listen to that worthless noise. Nothing i hate more!
:mad::mad::freak::mad:

THERE ARE NO MUSICIANS IN HIPHOP

So, what is music? Drums aren't music? Synth melodies and hooks aren't music? Bass lines aren't music? String sections aren't music? Vocal melodies aren't music?

Is industrial music what about trance or downtempo? Is non-repeating avant garde jazz music? What defines what is and is not music?

There was a big thing about sampling, which completely overlooked the fact that many, many hip-hop acts produce music from scratch. Often on keys and drum machines, but many can also play instrumends. Mos Def played all the Hammond parts on Black Star, and he's not the only musician of the bunch. A vast majority of hip-hop tracks are built from the ground up.

Unless you don't actually give a {censored}, and just want to say hip-hop isn't music for the hell of it. In which case, carry on.

• Members

Rappers are musicians because a voice is an instrument, although since it is used as a percussive instrument it's much easier to do than singing melody, and it is music since it has rhythm and melody, but the strongest musical element (the rhythm and melody) is usually someone elses creation and is more often than not why any rap song is good at all. So the rappers are musicians on a very very small level, and their contribution to a good rap song is very very small. There are rap artists that do it all, and are very talented but they are few and far between and in a genre oversaturated with talentless idiots.

• Members

While I'm no huge fan of rap.. Though I do still have a lot of love for the Beastie Boys (they are pretty talented musicians)..

Watch a guy like Mix Master Mike (did lots of stuff with the Beasties) rip up the turntables, its pretty much the turntable equivalent of guitar shred, pretty {censored}in amazing stuff..

• Members
Originally posted by toelessfoot

Rappers are musicians because a voice is an instrument, although since it is used as a percussive instrument it's much easier to do than singing melody, and it is music since it has rhythm and melody, but the strongest musical element (the rhythm and melody) is usually someone elses creation and is more often than not why any rap song is good at all. So the rappers are musicians on a very very small level, and their contribution to a good rap song is very very small. There are rap artists that do it all, and are very talented but they are few and far between and in a genre oversaturated with talentless idiots.

Good post.

• Members

If all you rap supporters died in a fire.......i would masturbate.

Go ahead and buy rap cd's , while dream theater, Chris Duarte, Joe Bonamassa, Fates Warning, Vinnie Moore , and other EXTREMELY TALENTED musicians try to make a living in the music world.

Shove your drum machines and bling straight up your ignorant asses you talentless non-musician cunts.

did i mention i hate rap ?? :D

• Members

Go ahead and buy rap cd's , while dream theater, Chris Duarte, Joe Bonamassa, Fates Warning, Vinnie Moore , and other EXTREMELY TALENTED musicians try to make a living in the music world.

Shove your drum machines and bling straight up your ignorant asses you talentless non-musician cunts.

did i mention i hate rap ??
:D

I hate rap, but damn, clearly I'm not on your level:D

• Members

Didn't James Labrie rap in a DT song, Honor thy Father or something like that? What's the strory there?

• Members

Wait, you're the one who said there's no musicians in hip-hop, and rap is not music, and we're the ignorant ones?

Game on, Garth.

Archived