Why do rappers always have other people on stage with them, shouting?

Random Hero

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by 496dart

Do they have a 4 year study at Berklee for Rap? NO . Its not fucking music.

Agreed. What I dislike the MOST though, is how they get paid so much frickin money for putting such little effort into rap songs. Take Lil Jon.. "What!? YEAH!! NAH!!!!!!!!"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

They seem like hanger-onn-ers to me. Half of the time the original rapper doesn't rap his song, the other randoms do it.

:confused:

The same reason bands have a second guitarist or a keyboard player.Just to fill in the sound. There's alot of overdubs that can't be done by one person live. :idea:

• Members

Originally posted by MetalGuitar08

You have to be kidding. Shredding is showing an awesome technicality, rapping is not musical at all. They are not comparable by any means. You're an idiot.
:)

shut up! your saying you could go up on stage and let words that fit and rhyme freely flow out of your head and into a mic whilst standing in front of people? and do it so it sounds good? didnt think so chief!

• Members

It takes no talent, and is easy, and anyone can do it...until you hand 'em a mic, and then suddenly, all they got is cat, rat, hat, bat, sat, fat. They're double {censored}ed if they're also handed a beat that keeps them in time and on the 1.

Haters and sucker MCs are a dime a dozen.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigy

shut up! your saying you could go up on stage and let words that fit and rhyme freely flow out of your head and into a mic whilst standing in front of people? and do it so it sounds good? didnt think so chief!

lol... except most rappers don't do freestyle at "concerts" :confused::freak:

The lyrics in most rap songs disgust me, and sound like they are written by a ten year old who thinks swearing and talking about smoking weed and drinking is so cool

:bor::rolleyes:

Also, I'm betting there's a MUCH larger ratio of guitar players that can rap good as opposed to rappers that can play guitar good. I don't think you could even dispute that.

• Members

lol... except most rappers don't do freestyle at "concerts"
:confused::freak:

The lyrics in most rap songs disgust me, and sound like they are written by a ten year old who thinks swearing and talking about smoking weed and drinking is so cool

Also, I'm betting there's a MUCH larger ratio of guitar players that can rap good as opposed to rappers that can play guitar good. I don't think you could even dispute that.

Do you mean rhyme? Yeah, most people can rhyme. How many guitarists have it in them to be MCs? That can sit down, and drop something as hyper verbal as Busdriver, or with flow like Brother Ali? Hell, even a fair-to-middlin' MC like Slug? Then I'd be willing to bet it might be more MCs who could pass on guitar than you'd think.

You want something heavy? Immortal Technique's "You Never Know" or "Dance With The Devil."

And no, a lot of whack MCs don't freestyle. A lot of guitar players don't jam out live, either.

• Members

lol... except most rappers don't do freestyle at "concerts"
:confused::freak:

am naw doubtin it for a second mate. You probably dont listen to rap at all though? guitar is alot more accessible. The fact is they make hunners of money and theres very few well off shredders if ya know what a mean?

You heard plan b ? british guy, plays acoustic. the thing is alot of these people have had a hard upbringin and express themselves through what they do. I just get pissed off when people have a closed mindset, i can accept what people do you know?

a hope yous can make sense of what a just typed cuz a canny bi arsed changin it aw :D

Archived