Education on EMO!

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, labelled genres exist so that people that like one band can find other bands in a similar vein. Or, people that like one movie can find other movies in a similar vein. Or, people that like one video game can find other video games in a similar vein. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Members

stop using rectifiers

stop slicing your thighs

get a singer who doesn't sound like mark hoppus

black tuxedo shirts don't go with j-crew black pants

your hair is {censored}ing retarded

you make shawn white look like the undertaker

why don't you go ask Herb Baumeister for macho lessons?

is it really so tough to be alive?

• Members

dude, i dont know how you managed to only list bands that existed in the late 90s and on.......you didnt even mention the real inventors of the genre....

Rites of Spring

Mos Icon

and even some othe later early/mid 90s stuff.....

Mineral

Braid

Texas is the Reason

cmon dude. dont act like you know whats going on here.

• Members

Why do all emos hate to be labeled and hate how their music is called emo?

ITS A F**KING NAME! Deal with the name of your music. And everybody uses labels. Even emo kids.

I dont care if you write a 20 page article about how emo was made and that what most people call emo today isnt real emo. Im still gonna call it emo and so is everybody else. (besides u)

Oh, and btw...

I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.

No other types of music have the "i wanna die!" problem. Their men just have sex with a bunch of women and do a few drugs. Emo kids cut themselves and complain about how bad their life is. (even tho they are the ones who make a mountian outta a mole hill.)

• Members

Originally posted by superpoo

why?

I have to put up with their crap everyday. The amount of emo scum that's started fights with me for no reason apart from the fact that i can shred on guitar is ludicrous.

I've had threats from emo bands just because i said i didn't like their music or because my mate's didn't like their music (quite recently a mate of mine was added on myspace by an emo band which are pure {censored}e. The lead guitarist hates me because i go to the same college and he thinks i'm a dickhead for being able to shred. My mate left a comment saying their music sucked to which the emo guitarist said he was going to "End him"...

... Possibly the funniest threat i've ever heard. I've heard scarier lines in 1star horror films).

They all look like twats, follow the scene, badmouth anything that isn't as good as them.

And i'm not even mentionning the straight edge wankers who come up to me at gigs and say "stop drinking that pint or we'll beatdown you!"

... {censored}ing scum. Sorry, but they're the worst fad since hair metal of the 80s. But hair metal had decent songs.

Archived