OT: Best Places to find Band Members?

Kyle DiSanto

• Members

you could always try puttin up ads at your local gear shops, cd stores, tatoo/piecing places, even bong shops (i'm sure you can figure out why the last one may not be ideal)

when were looking for a singer that got us a lot of phone calls and e mails, never anyone serious enough to actually audition tho

• Members

I actually found the last 2 bands I was in (and am in) on craigslist. I did have to go through a lot of lousy bands/situations to find the decent ones, but then the bay area has a pretty active CL community.

Try music stores, and go to local shows where bands that you like are playing. Chances are there are a lot of other musicians in the audience.

Oh yeah, you can also put up flyers at the local rehersal studios and such.

-W

• Members

Originally posted by starsnuffer

I actually found the last 2 bands I was in (and am in) on craigslist. I did have to go through a lot of lousy bands/situations to find the decent ones, but then the bay area has a pretty active CL community.

Try music stores, and go to local shows where bands that you like are playing. Chances are there are a lot of other musicians in the audience.

Oh yeah, you can also put up flyers at the local rehersal studios and such.

-W

I completely Forgot about craigslist!

Thanks guys

• Members

off topic bro, but here are my gt6 settings for that synthlike sound

FX1- slow gear
sens: 50
rise time: 60

FX2- pitch shift
voice 2 mono
ps1 mode: slow
ps1 pitch: +12
ps1 finen: 0
ps1 predelay: 25ms
ps1 feedback: 25
ps1 level: 50

ps2 mode: medium
ps2 pitch: 0
ps2 predelay: 0
ps2 level: 100
defined level: 100

haha, i know that looks really difficult...but if the interface is about like mine, it shouldn't be too bad

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

off topic bro, but here are my gt6 settings for that synthlike sound

FX1- slow gear

sens: 50

rise time: 60

FX2- pitch shift

voice 2 mono

ps1 mode: slow

ps1 pitch: +12

ps1 finen: 0

ps1 predelay: 25ms

ps1 feedback: 25

ps1 level: 50

ps2 mode: medium

ps2 pitch: 0

ps2 predelay: 0

ps2 level: 100

defined level: 100

haha, i know that looks really difficult...but if the interface is about like mine, it shouldn't be too bad

COOL BRO! Ill check that {censored} out later today with my gt8.

PS check out my other Thread I post a HEavy Riff...wanna see what ya think of the tone.

• Members

I've had good luck at bandmix.com

you can do free stuff but its limited. For $10 you get a month, not bad...

tip: if you want to keep it free...you can put your email in your profile, but just dont use the @ sign, they screen it out. If you type it as kid "at" running-blind.com their systems dont catch it...

• Members
Originally posted by ChS

Craigslist seemed to work for us when we were looking for a vocalist, we put the add out a month ago and we're still getting responses from it...
:freak:

Craigslist is a good resource to meet musicians. Most of them are flakes, but eventually you'll find one that you'll click with.

I thought craiglist ads fall off after 10 days?:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by rockapede

Go to shows and talk to people.

Yes. You should be able to sense if there is dissension in the group. Discretely approach the members you want (individually), complement them and ask them if they are thinking about changing groups any time soon. Of course make no negative statements about other current members.

If you are going to be professional you have to treat it like a business.

• Members
Originally posted by oryan

Craigslist is a good resource to meet musicians. Most of them are flakes, but eventually you'll find one that you'll click with.

I thought craiglist ads fall off after 10 days?
:confused:

We've been looking for a bass player and craigslist has brought us nothing but mutants!

• Members

Hey Guys, Thanks for the replies!

I like how this thread is going, its musicians helping other musicians...a very awsome thing! And you guys are helping alot!

I am going to make some flyers to post up in some music stores. I posted on craigs list. I have my posts on Myspace. AS well as word of mouth!

Cheers

Archived