I've just had an idea no manufacturer yet thought of (I think)!

evildragon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
And here's Moog's answer: the 9+ octave Minimoog Voyager XXL:

voyagerxxl.jpg

Only $8000! And it's monophonic to boot.
;)

STILL with the monophonic? Crap!

*BUT*

That thing would be PHAT with all those oscillators...

EDIT: I just realized how hard it would be to reach the pitch and mod wheels when soloing in the upper register.

• Members
EDIT: I just realized how hard it would be to reach the pitch and mod wheels when soloing in the upper register.

Moog has a solution for you. The Voyager XXL Performer Edition, which adds a 2nd set of wheels on the right side of the keyboard. Only $8500. :poke:

voyagerxxl2.jpg

• Members

You know, I've seen that video a hundred times (and I just watched it again because I think it's brilliant). But one thing has always bothered me.

What's the polyphony of that thing?

How big is the original piano waveform, and what piano sample is that? Does it have MIDI in and out? Look like it's not touch sensitive. Is there at least sustain pedal as an option?

• Members

How big is the original piano waveform, and what piano sample is that? Does it have MIDI in and out? Look like it's not touch sensitive. Is there at least sustain pedal as an option?

It doesn't have aftertouch but does seem to support velocity. I believe it does have midi out and they are driving a crappy Casio. Or a Roland. It's hard to tell.

• Members

Updated sketch:

128w.png

Added:

* release velocity

* Z-axis to XY pads for pressure sensitivity

* 16 pads could be used to enter numbers and text

* adjustable panel angle which doesn't influence PB/MW/joystick assembly and ribbon controller

:love:

• Members

Well, a big display on controller only? Hm, if this were a workstation, that'd be plausible. Remember that there are LCDs above each control (like on Novation ReMOTE) displaying the parameter and its value, there are LEDs around each knob and behind faders just like on OASYS, all that Vegas mode stuff. :)

Then again, 4 XYZ pads could double as displays, but what for? :D

• Members

LOL, who'd find use for 1.8m ribbon controller? Well, obviously the same person who'd find use for a 1.8m keyboard!

Just think about it. You could have 2 or 3 people all sitting together on a 1.8m bench, each with their own section:

Client in the middle, sketches out an idea he has for his next hit song. His piano skills are mediocre, and you nearly cringe as he tries bending notes using his middle section of the 1.8m keyboard.

You sitting on his right, the musician for hire, then say, "like this?" as you render a more developed version of the client's sketched out idea. Of course, your ribbon bending skills make even ol' Keith sit up and take notice.

"How about more like this?" says the producer on the far left end of the 1.8m bench. He then takes your wonderful idea (which you got from the client), but proceeds to make it more pop-friendly, down-playing the ribbon controller madness...

And I certainly hope this end-all be-all controller has Internet capability. That way you on the West Coast can collaborate with those of us on the East Coast...

• Members

:D

BTW, how I came to 1.8m width thing. The original VMK-188+ is 132.8 cm wide. I simply divided that with the width of the extended model in pixels, and reversed the calculation to get approximate measures of this new beastie. The end caps could be a bit less wider, perhaps. I think it's cool. :D

Archived