Slash's VW commercial

Pete

• Members

Hey what do you guys think of slash's playing in that commercial? i thought it was pretty tight...i wonder why he's not playing like that in velvet revolver....his solos w/ velvet i thought were kinda weak.

• Members
Originally posted by AmpliFIRE

:freak:

Let me guess, are you basing that on your tv speakers?

When I saw the commercial yesterday I had it on my Denon 3300 5.1 theatre system, so it may have possibly sounded different in my environment. :)

• Members
Originally posted by rho

When I saw the commercial yesterday I had it on my Denon 3300 5.1 theatre system, so it may have possibly sounded different in my environment.
:)

it would prob sound better coming out of his ass IMO :thu::p

• Members

funny how he mentioned MSG cause i saw snake pit their when they opened for ac/dc. i wasn't impressed with snake pit...i thought they were kinda mellow and the music wasn't the greatest, but then again i'm comparing it to ac/dc.

• Members
Originally posted by rho

When I saw the commercial yesterday I had it on my Denon 3300 5.1 theatre system, so it may have possibly sounded different in my environment.
:)

i saw that commercial right before i flipped the channel to music choice rock channel, a band with tone that i liked....that band still sounded good through my speakers, and slash still sounded like {censored}.

• Members

You guys have to {censored}ing chill out a lil, seriously..

You guys want to see another Shakira, blackeyed peas, Brittany, P-Diddy, Rapster or other pop idiot on the tube? :freak: :freak:

Oooo his tones sucks, hes old hes sloppy (hes ALWAYS BEEN SLOPPY) hes this hes that, waaaa waaa waaaa :cry::cry:

• Members
Originally posted by ***1776***

You guys want to see another Shakira, blackeyed peas, Brittany, P-Diddy, Rapster or other pop idiot on the tube?

Oooo his tones sucks, hes old hes sloppy (hes ALWAYS BEEN SLOPPY) hes this hes that, waaaa waaa waaaa
:cry::cry:

LOL... I agree you have to understand people in HC think they have better tone, fingers, gear then the pro's. I learned long ago just to chuckle and keep it moving.

• Members

You guys want to see another Shakira, blackeyed peas, Brittany, P-Diddy, Rapster or other pop idiot on the tube?

Oooo his tones sucks, hes old hes sloppy (hes ALWAYS BEEN SLOPPY) hes this hes that, waaaa waaa waaaa

Have you seen the commercial. He was plugged directly into a car. :eek: The tone really was terrible.

• Members
Originally posted by GCDEF

Have you seen the commercial. He was plugged directly into a car.
:eek:
The tone really was terrible.

Oooo im not saying his tone was great (im not) and YES the guitar is ugly as hell (looks like a sillyass Paul Stanley Silvertone :evil: ) but cmon were getting some rock star and guitar playing on mainstream TV in 2006..

STAND UP AND REJOICE! :D

PS - His tone wasnt that bad either, it was sorta that bluesy hard rocking raspy southern rockish type tones imo..

• Members

in case nobody knows, the guitar has a built in pre for when you hook it up to a car, the car has an 1/8th inch input jack for audio devices, so they give you the first act guitar (yes similar to the ones at wal mart) and a 1/4inch to 1/8th inch cable

you can turn the preamp off for regular amps

the pre sounds bad

hence

slash sounded whack in that commercial but most people who get into guitar because the car dealer gave them one for free dont care

cant wait till those guitars are all over ebay

• Members

I agree, Slash is always sloppy but his playing has always been cool and influentual, kinda like Jimmy Page, he was sloppy live too

• Members
Originally posted by Jasonguitar73

I agree, Slash is always sloppy but his playing has always been cool and influentual, kinda like Jimmy Page, he was sloppy live too

+ 10000000 :thu:

As long as you like what your hearing, thats all..

Ive seen a couple G3's and they were GREAT it really was, but if thats all i could listen to 24/7 (as far as guitar playing) i think i would stab myself with a rusty screwdriver!

Archived