Herbert clip = m/

chief04

• Members
Originally posted by chief04

SO my last clip was a little rockish so seeing as the herbert is a m/ amp i thought i would do a little clip as there r not many kicking about.

This is the 3rd channel with a little mid cut.

Is a little rough but can be fixed when i get time on the weekend.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=587437

Kick ass! I'm digging it. :thu:headbanger.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SO my last clip was a little rockish so seeing as the herbert is a m/ amp i thought i would do a little clip as there r not many kicking about.

This is the 3rd channel with a little mid cut.

Is a little rough but can be fixed when i get time on the weekend.

Nice tone, I like it alot... there is a nice "frying" in the upper mids that I like... what cab did u use

• Members

i agree, the herbert is pretty awesome in person, but that doesn't really impress me at all, just my opinion though. Not worth the cashola if you can't capture it on tape imo. would be an awesome live amp though. and yes I have played a herbert many atimes, and loved it, but i still my UL is alot better in more ways than one.

chris

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

Werd! Didnt Ralph say he could get his Mark III (or was it IV) to sound damn near identical to the IIc+?

Not sure what this dude is looking for but yet you can get them all soooooooooooooo close. We were playing each one after another one day and they just all started to sound the same after enough tweaking.

• Members
Originally posted by deldgeetar

Diezel owner=sucker. There's just no way around it.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO SAY IT, DIEZELS IN EUROPE DO NOT COST AN ARM AND A LEG!!!

I could get a Diezel Herbert for less then a Triple Rectifier, and if i had the money, i bloody would.

That clip was {censored}ing badass. It's just fueling my GAS for that Herbert so much. I love that tone. It's exactly the tone i hear in my head :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist17

i agree, the herbert is pretty awesome in person, but that doesn't really impress me at all, just my opinion though. Not worth the cashola if you can't capture it on tape imo. would be an awesome live amp though. and yes I have played a herbert many atimes, and loved it, but i still my UL is alot better in more ways than one.

chris

Well this is done with a presonus firebox. I got this just as a starter as i was just used to using a pod to track guitars. When i get some $$ i will look to upgrade to something better which will do the amp more justice

Tom this was recorded with a bogner ubercab using a v30. When i go over it on the weekend i will mix it up a bit;)

• Members

Well this is done with a presonus firebox. I got this just as a starter as i was just used to using a pod to track guitars. When i get some $$ i will look to upgrade to something better which will do the amp more justice

Tom this was recorded with a bogner ubercab using a v30. When i go over it on the weekend i will mix it up a bit;)

Is the G12T-75/V30 X formation 4x12" cabinet a good match for the Diezel Herbert?

I got a Marshall 1960A with that sorta Uberkab formation in it. I know Marshalls and Bogners won't sound the same, but meh...

Also tempted to see what a VHT cab would do to the Diezel sound :p

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist17

chris

Do you have any UL clips?

• Members

MON

Well the ubercab is the only cab i have run the herbert through and I have no complaints, the mix of the 2 speakers is pretty nice with the amp, and one of the main reasons i got it was so i could mix and match when recording. I would like to try out one of the diezel front loaded cabs.

The amp is stock in the power tubes, all el34 accross the board however when i get the time and $$ for tubes i plan to try out different combo's.
I have got a tung sol in V1 and V3 plus a electro harmonix in V6 of the pre amp.

• Members

... i tried out the SE but am glad i got the Herbert...

That's interesting, could you tell why you like the Herbert more exactly? I was planning to buy a ENGL SE EL34 but always thought I should consider a Diezel when they are the same price.
The important tones for me are this brewtal in your face, thick hi-gain (like a 5150 except more focused and not so muddy) which I know the SE does perfectly. The other tone would be something between doomy and sludge doom metallish, thick and smooth, mixed with Adam Jones' VH4 tone. If it can do a good stonerrock sound also then all the better :)
Your Herbert clips sound great but there's a slight "loose" feeling but also some warmth and smoothness I like.

• Members
Originally posted by Tisca

That's interesting, could you tell why you like the Herbert more exactly? I was planning to buy a ENGL SE EL34 but always thought I should consider a Diezel when they are the same price.

The important tones for me are this brewtal in your face, thick hi-gain (like a 5150 except more focused and not so muddy) which I know the SE does perfectly. The other tone would be something between doomy and sludge doom metallish, thick and smooth, mixed with Adam Jones' VH4 tone. If it can do a good stonerrock sound also then all the better
:)
Your Herbert clips sound great but there's a slight "loose" feeling but also some warmth and smoothness I like.

Thats is a hard one to answer,
I got to dick about with an SE in my local guitar shop about a week before i got the Herbert, I was quite shocked to see it in there as the shops round here normally just have the usual marshall mesa stuff.

I only had about half an hour on it and the SE has some serious amount of buttons to tweak about with, actually it has far to many!!!!
I cant really give that accurate a review sorry, i can just remember when i did get my herbert i knew i had made the right choice.
The SE seems like a good amp, I have owned a PB which i did not really care for but i liked the SE more on the short amount of time i had with it.

Archived