What happened to the 6 Muslims kicked off plane thread?

rememberduane

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ***1776***

Calm down bro..

They were KICKED off becuase of their ACTION!

NOT because they are MUSLIMS!!

Again 1000's of muslims traveled and had no problems but these guys, sorry..

And their action was not illegal or against the rules. Why were they kicked off if their action was not illegal or against the rules?

• Members

I just think that you take the rare incident and just go and run off at the hip, it was the exception rather than the rule..

BTW what would you say to the people on the plane? What if they felt threatened or in danger of some type? I wasnt there and you werent there so were not sure how the other passengers felt..

:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by ***1776***

I just think that you take the rare incident and just go and run off at the hip, it was the exception rather than the rule..

BTW what would you say to the people on the plane? What if they felt threatened or in danger of some type? I wasnt there and you werent there so were not sure how the other passengers felt..

:confused:

I think the point is that it's pathetic that in this day and age, in this country, where all people are supposed to have equal rights to practice their religious beliefs, that people would feel threatened and uncomfortable by a very normal thing-- a Muslim praying in Arabic. It happens 5 times a day for a very large percentage of the billion Muslims on this planet, where they drop what they are doing to face Mecca and pray. Yet, our ignorant asses assume that speaking Arabic and praising God cannot occur without the follow up being a bomb.

That IS sad AND pathetic.

And I think the second point is, that it's not a matter of ACTIONS. I am Jewish. If I were to take out a prayer book and begin praying to God, people in this country would not be afraid of me. They'd here a language they don't know, but can identify or guess is Hebrew, they'd watch me davyn (which involves bowing forward and back as I read), use my talis (a prayer shawl), and if I were really religious, I could even use tefillah (black boxes connected by black ribbon tied on the hands and forehead), and STILL, despite them not being familiar with what I was doing, the fact that I was white and identified as Jewish would have led to 0 fear.

Had a priest sat in a circle with a few of his Church members and begin a mass, it would not have been fearful.

When Muslims stop for their 5 mins of prayer, it's a huge deal and everything thinks the plane is going down. That's absurd.

• Members

Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

I think the point is that it's pathetic that in this day and age, in this country, where all people are supposed to have equal rights to practice their religious beliefs, that people would feel threatened and uncomfortable by a very normal thing-- a Muslim praying in Arabic. It happens 5 times a day for a very large percentage of the billion Muslims on this planet, where they drop what they are doing to face Mecca and pray. Yet, our ignorant asses assume that speaking Arabic and praising God cannot occur without the follow up being a bomb.

And I think the second point is, that it's not a matter of ACTIONS. I am Jewish. If I were to take out a prayer book and begin praying to God, people in this country would not be afraid of me. They'd here a language they don't know, but can identify or guess is Hebrew, they'd watch me davyn (which involves bowing forward and back as I read), use my talis (a prayer shawl), and if I were really religious, I could even use tefillah (black boxes connected by black ribbon tied on the hands and forehead), and STILL, despite them not being familiar with what I was doing, the fact that I was white and identified as Jewish would have led to 0 fear.

Had a priest sat in a circle with a few of his Church members and begin a mass, it would not have been fearful.

When Muslims stop for their 5 mins of prayer, it's a huge deal and everything thinks the plane is going down. That's absurd.

Maybe some understanding BY ALL SIDES is needed..

Like i said maybe the people felt threated, i wasnt there and neither were you but in 2006 if 6 young muslim men start to pray before boarding a plane its going to raise eyebrows, it really is lets not pretend that it doesnt raise eyebrows..

I bet there were tens of thousands of muslims (perhaps millions) who traveled that same day and had NO PROBLEMS at all traveling, but these guys did but it was because of their BEHAVIOR, NOT BECAUSE they were muslims..

Big difference imo..

• Members

Ataris...there's a lot of things sad and pathetic in this world.

One of them is an entire race and religion that has allowed a small extremist faction to run roughshod over them....that has done nothing to stop the bad name they give said whole race and religion.

Yes...I said it...the "peaceful" Arabs and Muslims have let this fester, and have allowed it to infect the entire world. They have done NOTHING but let terrorists have their way.

I am not afraid of Jews because they are one of the peoples that have TRIED to do something, even when it demonizes them.

Here's just a FEW examples of terror and abuse that were stopped, or at least shut down to near insignificance:

Nazism

Klu Klux Klan

Crusades

Catholic Priest Molestors

Where is the Muslim response to this? What are Muslims across the world doing about it THEIR own personal problem?

Nothing.

They need to stand up and take some responsibility. They don't want to be "profiled"...they don't want to be blamed...they don't want to be persecuted about it...yet the DO nothing.

If you or I were a Muslim...wouldn't we be aware and empathatic of the fear of Arab/Muslim terrorism? Why wouldn't we be respectful...I mean...if we would do nothing to clear the name of all Muslims and Allah...at least we could pray in quiet...which I assure you is "legal" in the eyes of Allah.

I am sorry if you think I am persecuting religion, or (GASP!) *profiling*...but if an Arab was praying on a plane (or yes...even the terminal), "Allah is great"...I'd at least be a little nervous.

You wouldn't? Be honest with yourself.

• Members

FWIW:

According to the article I read, it was ON THE PLANE.

Secondly, air travel is in HIGH ALERT right now.

The imams could have perhaps announced their intentions. I believe what they did frightened the crap out of the passengers. I also believe that they could have cared less about the consequences of their actions.

The only time I was in a situation remotely like this, I was getting gas. While in the middle of my credit card transaction, the middle eastern gentleman decided it was time for him to do his prayers. {censored} me. So I go sit in my car until he is finished. When he comes back he starts yelling at me in arabic. I don't get gas there anymore. He goes down in my book as being a jerkoff raghead. He earned that title. I just wanted gas.

This is the kind of stuff that pisses people off.

• Members

I understand what you guys are saying, but it doesn't change that it's sad.

Anyway, of course it is reasonable to at least have the Imams explain what they are going to do, but I think a Muslim standing and announcing his intentions loudly is perhaps more frightening. Were I in that situation, I'd explain to the flight attendant before take off that due to my religion, that at such and such a time myself and my companions were going to stand and pray. It is not a threat, and there is no reason to be alarmed, and if they feel it's necessary to announce this to keep people calm that's ok as well.

I think it's pathetic he should have to do that, I think it's sad that certain thoughts would cross people's minds, but I would have been more sensitive to that potential consequence.

It's not really something that's all that debatable-- they chose to exercise their religion as they have a right to, people responded irrationally, albeit predictably so, and neither side was as responsible as it could have been in terms of having an awareness as to the level of sensitivity they should have to others on the plane. It's a sad thing that Muslims should have to "warn" you they're going to pray.

• Members

I understand what you guys are saying, but it doesn't change that it's sad.

I agree that it's pretty sad what this world has been turned into. But when 4 planes, each having 6 men that simultaneously said a prayer, with the end result being that a few thousand people were killed, paranoia runs rampant. It's paranoia that can make us seem crazy at times or keep us safe in others. I don't think most people would like to gamble with their lives, how about you?

• Members

Originally posted by Soulcrusher_X

I agree that it's pretty sad what this world has been turned into. But when 4 planes, each having 6 men that simultaneously said a prayer, with the end result being that a few thousand people were killed, paranoia runs rampant. It's paranoia that can make us seem crazy at times or keep us safe in others. I don't think most people would like to gamble with their lives, how about you?

I'm very comfortable with six Arab men praying on my flight. In fact, afterwards, I may attempt to engage them in conversation (provided they speak enough English).

Because you're uncomfortable with other religions and tip-toe'ing around nearly racist comments doesn't mean I need to agree.

• Members

I'm very comfortable with six Arab men praying on my flight. In fact, afterwards, I may attempt to engage them in conversation (provided they speak enough English).

Because you're uncomfortable with other religions and tip-toe'ing around nearly racist comments doesn't mean I need to agree.

I'm not uncomfortable with other religions at all. But in this day, with all the terrorism and heinous acts that go on, a lot of people get freaked out about stuff like this. It's a really {censored}ty day when these people get tossed off of a plane because they are going about part of their daily routine, but to those who have no idea about how they go about their ways, it can be a bit unnerving. It would be such a nice time if we could all really just get along a lot better and share our differences. I personally like to learn about all the different peoples out in the world.

I dunno, I try to argue down the middle of most things, but I somehow always end up coming off as an asshole. :(

• Members

I hear you, but I think it's highly uncommon and unknown for a group to suddenly get up and do so like that in a public place, so people probably didn't know exactly what to think.

That said, would you still want to go and have a positive conversation with Christians who were praying in public?

• Members

Originally posted by buntaluffigus

Why do you save your AIM conversations?

Various reasons. Sometimes because I tell people things that I wanna recount to someone else later, and I don't wanna have to re-type it. Sometimes though, as far as narcissism goes, I'll save them because I thought I said something really intelligent/funny/meaningful.

Also, at times I save them just for evidence for/against other people, or so I can look back and make sure that I have what I've said in the past straight.

• Members
Originally posted by macmax

Racism and xenophobia....

"Look Mr Cheney, look what i draw at kindergarden today, those are my parents pointing at them Arabs who were hiding from the new police force we have created , the Solid State police....

Don't worry, i know how to point my little fingers at them too, my daddy says that when we get 70 % of the people we can go out and force the other 30 % so we are all in concensus to go and destroy anoher country and then leave them with a civil war,

who cares, Mr Cheney, if there is money for the 4 of you,miss KakaLeeza, Rumisfeld, The stupid one and you.

yupyyyy, let's go out there and spread this xenophobia {censored} word they taught us and let's go destroy anything and anyone.

We only got 600,000 mother{censored}ers last time,,,,, we got them right?

Who knows maybe next time it is about Diamonds and we can go get the coons too!!!!!

Or the speeks if we want to have more land, or anyone! who cares ? i just know i can point and paint and i am really good at this!

That dude in Venezuela looks like a commie, maybe we can make commies a bad thing again, we need a plan or maybe not, but we should take what should be ours but landed in another country by mistake.

After this terrorist thingy, can we make commies bad people again? Sir?

We have 16 million eyes in NYC we are counting on them!!!, i saw that yesterday when the Limo couldn't take me to school, Mr. Cheney.

The world won't love us today, butin the future we will be able to get it right, like that dude almost did in Europe 70 years ago>????

I am going back to draw, maybe some hangings of the coons , maybe some rockets blowing up a muslim child into pieces, something pretty, something that the world won't understand , but we do and it is us that counts.

We will prevail and then we will have no need to be beloved by those second and 3rd class cultures, Mr Cheney!!!!

Why did you say there isn't many terrorists acts in the other countries?

Only in ours and a few others that go to places they didn't have to go to in the first place, bahhhhh, who cares....

Look , look , there is another one praying, shoot that man, he is different!

You are becomeing XENOPHOBICS AND RACISTS and are not even aware of that!

Wow - just wow, what the hell does Cheney and or your political beliefs have to do with 6 muslims boarding a plane? :(

For the 3rd time ok -- They were NOT kicked off because they were muslim people (i bet there were thousands if maybe millions of muslims who had "0" problems) They were kicked off because their action and behavior (praying) scared some people! -- Maybe a lil xenophobic, sure i can agree but please DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT stick your head in the sand + pretend "its no big deal" if young muslim men start praying + praising Allah before boarding a plane, please dont tell me your that naive PLEASE!..

I wasnt there, you were not there and neither you or i can tell the OTHER passengers how to feel and or react! Sorry we cant! *IF* they felt threatened what should they do? Nothing? Do something? Notify Airline security? What? --- I wouldnt pass total judgment on them but i can at least "understand" their hesitency and or attitude/concern, i hope you could do the same..

:idea:

• Members

Fine.

You will be one of the first to go down.

Happy landings.

"racist"....Wow.....

You are surely part of the problem. Live and let live? Not.

Hopefully you will learn before your guts are blown upon the walls of the bus or asphalt. Maybe it will be someone you love, which will make it ten times as bad.

Then maybe you will say " I wish I was cautious. I wish i had profiled. I wish I hadn;t given these Msulim murderers the benefit of the doubt after hundreds and thousands of precedents.

You will crucify ME now...but give all Arab Muslims the benefit of the doubt. :rolleyes::(:cry:

All I did was speak. And nearly all global terrorists are Arab Muslims. Hmmmm. What?

Archived