What happened to the 6 Muslims kicked off plane thread?

rememberduane

• Members
Originally posted by ***1776***

Wow - just wow, what the hell does Cheney and or your political beliefs have to do with 6 muslims boarding a plane?
:(

For the 3rd time ok -- They were NOT kicked off because they were muslim people (i bet there were thousands if maybe millions of muslims who had "0" problems) They were kicked off because their action and behavior (praying) scared some people! -- Maybe a lil xenophobic, sure i can agree but please DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT stick your head in the sand + pretend "its no big deal" if young muslim men start praying + praising Allah before boarding a plane, please dont tell me your that naive PLEASE!..

I wasnt there, you were not there and neither you or i can tell the OTHER passengers how to feel and or react! Sorry we cant! *IF* they felt threatened what should they do? Nothing? Do something? Notify Airline security? What? --- I wouldnt pass total judgment on them but i can at least "understand" their hesitency and or attitude/concern, i hope you could do the same..

:idea:

YEah...

Come on Macmax...stop exagerating. Mac your are not helping one {censored}.

One little "incident" gives you liscence to make such a sweeping exageration?

Like every Muslim that boards a plane gets ass {censored}ed?

{censored}...part of the problem. Shape up.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Fine.

You will be one of the first to go down.

Happy landings.

"racist"....Wow.....

You are surely part of the problem. Live and let live? Not.

Hopefully you will learn before your guts are blown upon the walls of the bus or asphalt. Maybe it will be someone you love, which will make it ten times as bad.

Then maybe you will say " I wish I was cautious. I wish i had profiled. I wish I hadn;t given these Msulim murderers the benefit of the doubt after hundreds and thousands of precedents.

You will crucify ME now...but give all Arab Muslims the benefit of the doubt.
:rolleyes::(:cry:

All I did was speak. And nearly all global terrorists are Arab Muslims. Hmmmm. What?

These are interesting and daring accusations to make of a man who's family has been dealing with Islamic fundamentalism and hatred for much longer than you have.

Over half of my family lives in Israel. Many of them moved there to the Kibbutz to escape the pograms in Poland.

It's a fantastic day when the Americans catch on to something many have dealt with far longer and think that they've experienced terror. I live in NY. My family works in NYC, my friends work in NYC. My family lives in Haifa, in Tel Aviv, in Jerusalem, in Beersheba. Don't talk to me about Muslims or Islamic terrorism as though I don't know what it's like to have loved one's victimized. My life experience with terrorism, my family's dealing with terrorism, my religion's fight against hatred has educated myself far beyond what most on here can claim.

I've learned that hate and fear are the two things that cause hate and fear to spread most.

As to rushtallica's question about Christians-- I may be less interested in engaging them as I have discussed religion with Christians far more frequently than I have had the chance to have that same conversation with Muslims. However, I would still not mind having that conversation, just less likely to walk up to them from ten rows away.

The question is, if 6 Christians got up to pray, would you be as afraid of them?

• Members

FWIW, I am quite excited for my El Al flight this January to Israel. That will be the second intercontinental flight I've taken in 6 months, and one of at least 100 flights in my life time. My father and uncle both work for the airlines (well my dad works for the FAA in internal security now). My mom and grandfather also both worked for the airlines at one point.

• Members

Ataris...

I hope you have a happy and sadfe flight to Israel.

There willyou know thelengths of security.

Israel KNOWS how to safeguard their existence. They don't giver two {censored}S about "politically correct".

Hopefully...you can go there and testify. Hopefully you will have the knowledge and wisdom to tell us how such a smalll faction can exist in such a hostile world.

I believe that I already know. But you may have to see for yourself.

And I will say that this modern world has handicapped the Israelis.....too bad.

(the fact that you have "inside connections" helps you just abit from the average traveller....'kay? Oh how we don't appreciate connections. We love them but take them for granted. We think we are special without appreciating it. )

• Members
Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

These are interesting and daring accusations to make of a man who's family has been dealing with Islamic fundamentalism and hatred for much longer than you have.

Over half of my family lives in Israel. Many of them moved there to the Kibbutz to escape the pograms in Poland.

It's a fantastic day when the Americans catch on to something many have dealt with far longer and think that they've experienced terror. I live in NY. My family works in NYC, my friends work in NYC. My family lives in Haifa, in Tel Aviv, in Jerusalem, in Beersheba. Don't talk to me about Muslims or Islamic terrorism as though I don't know what it's like to have loved one's victimized. My life experience with terrorism, my family's dealing with terrorism, my religion's fight against hatred has educated myself far beyond what most on here can claim.

I've learned that hate and fear are the two things that cause hate and fear to spread most.

As to rushtallica's question about Christians-- I may be less interested in engaging them as I have discussed religion with Christians far more frequently than I have had the chance to have that same conversation with Muslims. However, I would still not mind having that conversation, just less likely to walk up to them from ten rows away.

The question is, if 6 Christians got up to pray, would you be as afraid of them?

:D Jason, FTW!

• Members
Originally posted by 17 Tubes

Ataris...

I hope you have a happy and sadfe flight to Israel.

There willyou know thelengths of security.

Israel KNOWS how to safeguard their existence. They don't giver two {censored}S about "politically correct".

Hopefully...you can go there and testify. Hopefully you will have the knowledge and wisdom to tell us how such a smalll faction can exist in such a hostile world.

I believe that I already know. But you may have to see for yourself.

And I will say that this modern world has handicapped the Israelis.....too bad.

(the fact that you have "inside connections" helps you just abit from the average traveller....'kay? Oh how we don't appreciate connections. We love them but take them for granted. We think we are special without appreciating it. )

:rolleyes:

• Members

I can't blame the average American for being paranoid.

If someone feels that they or their familiy might be in danger, it's unlikely that they will stop and think about whether they're respecting civil liberties or freedom of religion.

It unfortunate that, if anything, knee-jerk reactions like this only create more opportunities for terrorism than anything.

Anyone remember the Alligator Alley hoax back in '02?

• Members

Originally posted by Loghead

No. What was that about?

Some woman in Georgia was sitting in a diner and claimed that she heard three Muslim guys discussing plans to blow something up. She took their plate number and phoned the cops. The guys were caught by police somewhere on Alligator Alley in Florida and they had shut a section of the interstate down for more than 10 hours while interrogating these guys. In the meantime, the media was spreading speculation about details of the interrogations and a trumped-up charge of blowing a tollbooth that was later on proven by video to be false. Or course, this lady had misinterpreted/exaggerated what she had heard and those guys turned out to be innocent.

Archived