Old Man's Child is AMAZING

WillShrdForFood

• Members

I was talking with a friend about Dimmu Borgir and he had informed me that their guitarist has another project called Old Man's Child which I had never heard of before. So I checked them out and they are {censored}ing killer! I like them better than Dimmu Borgir. So if you like Dimmu and havent head of Old Man's Child like I did, definatly check them out, killer stuff!

http://www.myspace.com/officialoldmanschild

• Members

yeah, Old Man's Child are awesome, i seen them twice in '98, supporting Cradle of Filth and Einherjer.
Galder is an amazing guitarist, just check out the Dimmu Borgir dvd from a few years back..
one thing, i wouldnt wear an OMC t-shirt.. its a bit of an odd name for a band..

• Members

Originally posted by OwenD

yeah, Old Man's Child are awesome, i seen them twice in '98, supporting Cradle of Filth and Einherjer.

Galder is an amazing guitarist, just check out the Dimmu Borgir dvd from a few years back..

I always thought he was the weakest link in Dimmu Borgir:confused: They had to drop the solos off all the spiritual songs cause he couldn't play them ....I think the quality of the riffs dropped off once nagash and astenu(sp) left the band as well

• Members

as with most black metal, i seem to only really like their early stuff. "Born of the Flickering" is such an amazing album. so powerful and dynamic, really genuine sounding, whereas so much black metal is contrived. i think they went downhill after a couple of albums, though not as bad as dimmu borgir did. "Born of the Flickering" deserves to be recognized as classic of the genre. another underappreciated album i often reccomend is "The Slaughter of Innocence, A Requiem for the Mighty" by Hecate Enthroned. the band is basically a Cradle of Filth rip off who somehow for this one album managed to surpass them. I don't even like Cradle of Filth, but this is awesome. It's way overproduced and pushes the envelope on some cliches, but it's still amazing and manages to retain a sense of authenticity despite it's production. it's so powerful. everything else by this band sucks in my opinion, so don't bother with the other albums, but this one should really get more recognition.

Archived