paypal accepting $500 monthly limit...???

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I've never used paypal outside of ebay until now. Someone went to send me the money for my les paul, and it's a bit over $600, and I saw a note at the bottom of the email saying:

"Consider an Upgrade

Note: You can only accept $500.00 USD monthly and up to 5 credit or debit card payments annually with a Personal account."

Is there anyway around this? Is it not going to let me accept the payment?

Help me out if you can

Josh

• Members

Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

The only way is to attach PayPal to your bank account. It's retarded, but unfortunately, having a verified, upgraded PayPal is a necessity to doing online business.

It is verified and attached to my bank account. So, that means I can accept the payment?

edit: I don't think it's upgraded though :[ how much does tha t cost? I need to go look this up I guess...

• Members

Originally posted by negative theory

It's free to upgrade it, but I think that then puts your account in a business status or some kind of bull{censored} like that.

Hmm, are there any monthly fees? any % taken out of my payment if it's just sent over from paypal account to paypal account? or is there only a fee if somebody pays me via credit/debit card?

• Members

Originally posted by negative theory

There aren't any fees. I think that the percentages are a little different with the upgrade, but I did that so long ago that I can't remember.

Yeah. It used to be that you can receive money in excess of 500 (this way it sits in PayPal's accounts where they invest the money), but couldn't withdraw more than 500 a month. Well that was unacceptable when I had 750 bucks sitting in there so since there were no monthly fees I just grabbed the upgrade.

Archived