Recommend 20 watt tube amps with LINE OUT

Vanny

• Members

Any out there?

Or even XLR balance out?

List a few. I am kind of interested in the Soldano (like Astroverb) and possibly Mesa models, if they do have it. Just curious.

Thinking about doing something with Tech 21's Power Engine 60.

• Members

Originally posted by Vanny

Any out there?

Or even XLR balance out?

List a few. I am kind of interested in the Soldano (like Astroverb) and possibly Mesa models, if they do have it. Just curious.

Thinking about doing something with Tech 21's Power Engine 60.

Just get a Tech 21 Trademark 60 and you'll be done.

• Members

Mesa F-30 is 22 W with a recording out and speaker mute. I'm not particularly fond of the overdrive tone via the recording output, but it can work in a pinch. Really, an H&K Red Box or Behringer Ultra-G will add a lineout to any amp and both of them have a decent cab sim.

• Members

I guess it's kind of pointless to connect a tube amp with a power engine.

I don't know, I just wanted something compact and small.

You know something that isn't over 40ish lbs. When you have two seperate things to carry it's much different.

Thinking or a light head with a 33 lb PW60 and then just connect it. I like my PODxt Live, but just wondering about another tube setup. My back hurt a few days back. Probably from the 50+ lb combo.

• Members
Originally posted by Vanny

I guess it's kind of pointless to connect a tube amp with a power engine.

I don't know, I just wanted something compact and small.

You know something that isn't over 40ish lbs. When you have two seperate things to carry it's much different.

Thinking or a light head with a 33 lb PW60 and then just connect it. I like my PODxt Live, but just wondering about another tube setup. My back hurt a few days back. Probably from the 50+ lb combo.

Your back hurt from carrying a 50lb amp??? Good thing you don't gig with us! Why not just use a small tube combo if that's what you want? Lots of 15-40 watt models that are well under 50lbs. Or the same size head and a small cab. That would give you two separate items that would probably each be under 30lbs each.

• Members

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER .

Randall RM20 Modular .Get a Plexi or better yet 1086 mod .it is all tube will have dynamics the 1086 is unique as it has 2 gain level also to different Mid freq voicing .the RM20 also has a footswitchable tube and solo boost .it has the Mic eliminator di which sounds great ...its the most versatile tube rig for under 800 or 900

• Members

Originally posted by yourguitarhero

H and K redbox and Behringer Guitar Di

+1 ^

Does the job, and will cost $30

then you can have any amp.

Direct boxes do this job inexpensively with no mods, if your speaker's not hardwired. Behringer GI100 is $30 most places, H&K Red Box is more expensive, IIRC. Just remember to plug a speaker into it, too -- there's no dummy load in the Behringer, don't know if the Red Box has a dummy load or not.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Your back hurt from carrying a 50lb amp??? Good thing you don't gig with us! Why not just use a small tube combo if that's what you want? Lots of 15-40 watt models that are well under 50lbs. Or the same size head and a small cab. That would give you two separate items that would probably each be under 30lbs each.

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that, but some 2x12s are quite heavy. For example, the avatar stuff: G212H VINTAGE 30 is around 45lbs. The Mesa F-30 combo is 47lbs. Doesn't seem that much lighter.

Maybe like a 20-30 watt tube head with a 2x12 cabinet. But yeah, if there's a 2x12 that weighs less than 40 lbs and a head that also weighs less than 40 lbs, that would be nice.

Wana shoot some suggestions?

• Members

Originally posted by Ronzo II

No power amp distortion that way. Speaker out to a DI to the speaker gets the power amp distortion too.

What amp are you using? Every amp that I've come across that has had a line-out has it come out directly after the pre-amp and--on more of the higher-quality ones--power-amp and speaker emulation circuits.

• Members

Originally posted by Fl00

What amp are you using? Every amp that I've come across that has had a line-out has it come out directly after the pre-amp and--on more of the higher-quality ones--power-amp and speaker emulation circuits.

Any amp with a speaker out jack, for the primary speaker. The line level output comes from the DI box. There is a speaker in jack, a speaker out jack, and a XLR line-level jack. All you need is a balanced XLR to 1/4 unbalanced impedance matching adapter and an XLR cable to connect to a slave amp -- or, send it direct to the FOH mixer with the XLR cable.

Since the Behringer GI100 has a decent 4x12 emulator that you can switch in or out, for $30 it does quite a lot. I find new ways to use it all the time.

BehringerGI100frontrearpanels.jpg

Archived