This forum as a whole is a waste of time now.

riffy

• Members

I agree....

but the thing that bugs me is all the metal/metalcore/emo/screamo/hardcore kids and middle-age hair metal guys for whom there is no valid musical expression other than what they listen to. I like metal, but if it was the only thing I listened to, I'd get tired of it pretty damn quick :freak: If you're a musician, shouldn't it be your duty to listen to all kinds of music, to have a wide range of influences to draw from in your own music?

Also, this forum likes to beat stuff into the ground. Enough of the EVH photoshops already :mad:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Romanian Reaper

No, the problem is that the mods ban the wrong things. Someone posts a topless girl and this place turns into a deathcamp. During this same time though people will post "is my ass bleeding?" and "who wants to fistfight me for a PS3"? I guess the mods can't really ban someone for posting a goofy comment, etc. but someone posting 1000 ridiculous posts just to flood the forum is stupid.

Yes sir!

I hope we can get back to the days when players populated these boards... There are some still, but it seems they have

fallen by the wayside.

• Members

Originally posted by fendertwin

Haha I wonder if megadouche is reading this thread.

Probably not, he's probably busy writing a review of a $2000 100 watt half stack he's had in his mom's house at low volume for 5 minutes and telling someone how much it sucks.

That he bought real cheap and trying to sell high, and trying to hide the damage to it.

• Members

I just thought of something else that really bothers me.
I used to be able to come here if I was interested in an
amp or guitar and be able to get reliable information on
the items in question. Not misinformation. Not someones who has never played a gig in their entire life telling me what is good or bad about said instruments.

That used to be a REAL ATTRACTION of this forum.

I miss that.

• Members
Originally posted by riffy

Yes sir!

I hope we can get back to the days when players populated these boards... There are some still, but it seems they have

fallen by the wayside.

I wouldn't hold too much hope for that, the race to the bottom is already well under way, and will probably get worse :) .

The amp forum has a long history of being commerce/transaction oriented, it's just more so now with less and less playing.

Posting clips doesn't have the same satisfaction level as in the past either, at least for me.

No use complaining about it though, just lower your posting standards to everyone elses and save your good stuff for the other places :eek::p

• Members

the items in question. Not misinformation. Not someones who has never played a gig in their entire life telling me what is good or bad about said instruments.

I miss that.

So you have to play in a band to have any sort of opinion?

• Members

Originally posted by buntaluffigus

So you have to play in a band to have any sort of opinion?

No, not at all. Anyone can have an opinion, but a well formed opinion about a piece of musical gear and how it will fare in the way I intend to use it (gigging with it or recording with it) will require the knowledge gleaned only by playing or recording

with bands.

I don't mean to be exclusive, but my thoughts are simply what

they are.

• Members

I miss that.

Generally overtime i've just stopped practicing and GASing over stuff.

Bit of a shame. I can't play guitar that much anymore cause of my injured shoulder, otherwise i'd be {censored}ting out songs/clips and videos like Paris Hilton

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

I wouldn't hold too much hope for that, the race to the bottom is already well under way, and will probably get worse
:)

The amp forum has a long history of being commerce/transaction oriented, it's just more so now with less and less playing.

Posting clips doesn't have the same satisfaction level as in the past either, at least for me.

No use complaining about it though, just lower your posting standards to everyone elses and save your good stuff for the other places
:eek::p

Sad to say, I am sorely afraid you are correct!

• Members
Originally posted by danyeo

Thanks a lot mods.
:wave:

Everyone here bitched when the mods first came here and tried to clean the place up. The general consensus was that everyone wanted them to leave this forum alone and it would be self moderated. Now you are bitching that the mods are not doing enough? They are doing exactly what everyone was crying for them do, let the forum police itself. They just can't win with you guys.

• Members

Originally posted by EddieVanHasbeen

Everyone here bitched when the mods first came here and tried to clean the place up. The general consensus was that everyone wanted them to leave this forum alone and it would be self moderated. Now you are bitching that the mods are not doing enough? They are doing exactly what everyone was crying for them do, let the forum police itself. They just can't win with you guys.

how can it police itsself with no powers?

• Members

Simply not true. Not everyone "bitched". And a great majority of those who did "bitch", didn't "bitch" about the fact that there were mods now, they complained of the haphazard way that the

modding was done.

Clearly, the mod team had no idea that this forum would be as difficult to moderate as it was and is. Likely, even more so now. They can't be so quick as to give into and pander to the vocal majority of know nothings.

This is my opinion only though.

• Members

You're missing a few important pieces to your stupid puzzle you've put together.

The mods were never *here* Their moderating this forum was done in a "drive by" like fashion. It was really retarded having some people punished and others got off without a word because whichever mod didn't see what went down...It also had to do with different moderators coming in here and some were more lenient than others. See, we didn't enjoy this inconsistencies.

That's why we didn't want them around here at all.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigy

how can it police itsself with no powers?

Hell if I know, go back and re-read some of the mod bitching threads from a while back for the nitty gritty. Self policing was mentioned numerous times.

I believe the forum does need heavy moderation but I don't blame the mods for turning their back to this place after the mess they had to deal with last time they tried to clean up.

• Members

I miss that.

I copy that.

• Members

I don;t think they are doing what was asked.

Just because they came in and "did something" doesn't mean it was right, or what was asked for.

• Members
Originally posted by buntaluffigus

You're missing a few important pieces to your stupid puzzle you've put together.

The mods were never *here* Their moderating this forum was done in a "drive by" like fashion. It was really retarded having some people punished and others got off without a word because whichever mod didn't see what went down...It also had to do with different moderators coming in here and some were more lenient than others. See, we didn't enjoy this inconsistencies.

That's why we didn't want them around here at all.

Not quite junior. Phil was a pressence here for a while but was greated with hostility so he left, resulting in the drive by moderating by others. Like I said, the mods are damned if they do, damned if they don't. People here will complain either way.

• Members

I miss that.

You raise some good points here, riffy. Maybe we need to have some sort of self-rating system. Post a clip/video of you or your band playing in your sig or have people ignore your opinions? I dunno. It could be a good way of weeding things out.

Archived