Who has the best vibrato?

gearo999

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You guys' opinion of the best vibrato is {censored}ing Yngwie?

Jesus christ...

I guess Im out of touch....

I mean, it's not bad... it's just... not that stand out to me. I dont know, I just find Yngwie relatively boring to listen to, maybe that's clouding my judgment?

• Members

Jesus Christ? :confused: I guess IM outa touch cuz I kinda thought of his vibrato being kinda HAMMET-ish... :confused:

Originally posted by DirtyBird

Jesus christ...

I mean, it's not bad... it's just... not that stand out to me. I dont know, I just find Yngwie relatively boring to listen to, maybe that's clouding my judgment?

• Members
Originally posted by gainfreak

John Sykes

Warren DeMartini

George Lynch

EVH

Blues Saraceno

Steve Lukather

Yngwie

Neil Schon

Gary Moore

Paul Kossoff

Leslie West

Brian May

Tom Shulz

Michael Schenker

Ronnie LeTekro

Ill add Doug Aldrich and Steve Morse to that list and say that you nailed it one the head for me

• Members

Originally posted by DirtyBird

Jesus christ...

It sounds like you need to hear some more Yngwie in a different context. Seventh Sign is a good start if you want to hear more blues based playing.

• Members

Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

Ill add Doug Aldrich and Steve Morse to that list and say that you nailed it one the head for me

Hey Kagey - what up mang. Hope all is well with you, and Happy New Year. Long time, no talk.

Regarding Morse, I just saw him live a few months ago; saw him live a zillion times 20-25 years ago and also have/had the first few Dregs albums.

I always thought his vibrato was too "strong", overstated and a bit out of control at times. That's the one part of his playing I never dug in all the times I saw him live and heard him on album/disc. Just one man's humble opinion.

However, the last time I saw him (it was a Steve Morse Band AND Dregs concert!), Jerry Goodman was playing with The Dregs. What a great show; worth every penny.

Archived