Who has the best vibrato?

gearo999

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dave Gilmour- who can make it sing like that guy! COmfortably Numb

Paul Kossoff..it's wide shaky and crazy but still in tune...

BB King - slays em all with one note

Jeff Beck...that guys intonation is from outer space..

SRV - Hands of Steel!!!

Alex Skolnick..almost a bit sour at times but I think that can add some tension....

Zakk Wylde - that wide crazy vibrato is instantly recognizable and it rips your head off!

Angus Young - the Hard Rock BB King!

• Members

OMG - this thread is hilarious. It's into the second page and nobody has mentioned Clapton. The guy wrote the friggin' book on modern guitar vibrato between his days with Mayall and Cream. That's literally one of THE main things the guy brought to the world of guitar playing, and something he has been known for worldwide for the past 40 years.

Go back and listen to his stuff from the early/mid 60's through about 1968. It's a veritable lesson on how to vibrato during and at the end of a lick.

His mark on guitar players from that point forward is huge - especially when it come to this one topic. Total shock amongst a bunch of guitar players that nobody mentioned him......

• Members

Originally posted by Teleplayer

OMG - this thread is hilarious. It's into the second page and nobody has mentioned Clapton. The guy wrote the friggin' book on modern guitar vibrato between his days with Mayall and Cream. That's literally one of THE main things the guy brought to the world of guitar playing, and something he has been known for worldwide for the past 40 years.

Go back and listen to his stuff from the early/mid 60's through about 1968. It's a veritable lesson on how to vibrato during and at the end of a lick.

His mark on guitar players from that point forward is huge - especially when it come to this one topic. Total shock amongst a bunch of guitar players that nobody mentioned him......

Sleepy Time Time....best vibrato and bends I've ever heard.

• Members

Originally posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues

Sleepy Time Time....best vibrato and bends I've ever heard.

I swear; I am sitting hear literally laughing aloud, reading this thread. Clapton took vibrato and stretching about ten light years beyond what anybody else had ever done to that point, and heavily influenced the next two generations of guitarists.

Every time I hear cats that have little-to-no clue how to end and/or resolve a lick with a smooth vibrato (or better yet - a vibrato on a stretch), I think to myself "Dip into your sock, pull out $15 and get a copy of Beano...Disreali Gears.....Fresh Cream....."

Nothing kills a decent lick faster than a bad vibrato....especially cats trying to play fast and then the whole lead falls apart due to half-assed vibrato and resolution.

Archived