OT : Keyboards I have never found attractive........

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I beg to differ on the Virus KC. I have one and love the sound, feel of the keys and the total blackout look with the red display.

:love:

big-access-vruskcp1.jpg

It's awesome, but that logo is freakin' huge. It's not like who ever ends up buying one is going to mistake it for something else, haha. "Wait a minute, which synth I'm I playing again.... oh, nevermind."

• Members

I just noticed the thread title is "Keyboards", not synths...

Cascade201.jpg

Cascade2b02.jpg

Duck, tuck n roll, yeah.

I LOVE IT! :love:

Ugly? Are you kidding? She is a unique object of great beauty, a work of art.

So many curves! So soft to touch! So plush!

As opposed to a sharp-edged, metallic, angular & clunky kind of ugly:

korgm3.jpg

Or a plasticky, multi-colored ugly.

Roland-Jupiter-80-synth.png

• Members
I LOVE IT!
:love:

Ugly? Are you kidding? She is a unique object of great beauty, a work of art.

So many curves! So soft to touch! So plush!

:mad: Do you know how many nauguas that had to die to make that skin? It makes me wanny cry 96 tears. That thing belongs in a house in New Orleans.

• Members

What the hell is that, PF? And where in the world do you put your legs when playing it? Or it's for playing it while standing only? It does look like several alligators paid the price with their lives for this thing to be made. You said it's Louisiana, so I must be right, lol.

• Members

In the 60's & 70's you used to see Kustom guitar amps all the time in sock hop bands and such. I don't think too many pro players used them, but I dunno. I don't know what those Kustom organs sounded like, but I'll bet they were loud as hell. They had two Altec fifteens and two HF horns in a ported cab. Combo-organ.com tells all about them.

Naugahyde was a marketing gimmick for vinyl furniture covering. Nobody would buy it if it was called plastic. People joked about skinning all those poor little nauguas...

Naugahyde-large.jpg

• Members

Korg MicroStation is the only keyboard in the history of keyboards I find pointless purely because it relies on a computer/laptop to do full sound programming when the keyboard itself was supposed to be portable.

• Members

Korg MicroStation is the only keyboard in the history of keyboards I find pointless purely because it relies on a computer/laptop to do full sound programming when the keyboard itself was supposed to be portable.

I remember reading that the sequencer can save over a hundred 16 track songs, so I think the idea is to work on stuff at home with a computer or laptop, then take your songs to gigs with ease. Since everything would already be set up, you wouldn't need to bring along a laptop to gigs.

• Members

The Alesis Andromeda is the ugliest piece of gear I have ever seen, even worse than Peavey. The Korg Poly 800 is pretty damn ugly too.

The Virus 5 octave kybd isnt bad, but I never could understand why they used that dark red stencil for the text against the black background. It got so hard for me to read, I eventually sold it.

• Members

The Alesis Andromeda is the ugliest piece of gear I have ever seen, even worse than Peavey. The Korg Poly 800 is pretty damn ugly too.

The Virus 5 octave kybd isnt bad, but I never could understand why they used that dark red stencil for the text against the black background. It got so hard for me to read, I eventually sold it.

Looks nice in blue ..

aalesis.jpg

• Members

Fusion isn't so ugly imo as it just doesn't look good with other synths because of its swurves and curves ...

The only solution is to do what C.R. did ...

A6 is another synth I wouldn't call attractive ... except for all those knobbies ... I also imagine it's much sexier in front of you with its legs wide open, begging you to touch its ...

Archived