OT : Keyboards I have never found attractive........

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I got my Korg Karma when they first came out, I really disliked the maroon color and wished they had made it in black or silver. But it's such an awesome synth that I just dealt with it. Same with the M3 in white. Seems like every Korg keyboard I go for they have to make in some unattractive color.

Yeah, but I give Korg points for being original when it comes to color choice. Much like Waldorf of old. Give me red, blue, yellow, or even orange over the same black plastic any day.

I also think the A6 is a nice looking synth -- at least in person. Same goes for the Q and Virus.

Ugly is the Yamaha TG33.

Yamaha_TG-33_Front.png

• Members
Not sure about you guys, but I just don't get why people like:

Meh, with a beer buzz I'd play them all.

Come to think of it, I'd play them sober as well.

Now the question is, would they help me get laid...? :facepalm::lol:

• Members

.... I used to own one.
:facepalm:

I still own one, and I'm not embarassed by it. For those who don't know, it's basically 4-op FM (8 waveform, 8 algorithm, 8 voice multi) with 61 keys, effects, and sequencer -- fully capable of making some decent sounds, although the factory presets mostly didn't do it justice. Unfortunately, really poor editing capabilities, unless you use a computer-based editor.

You can credit/blame Masamichi Udagawa for the "award winning" design:

http://www.antennadesign.com/about/biographies

• Members

This thread reminds me of Willy's Guitars in St. Paul, where there always seems to be an overabundance of orange-colored guitars. The guys who work there have told me they get them because they sell. Weird to me.

I have no clue how a synth manufacturer decides on a color. Some like Nord are easy because all Nords are red. The color is not the best choice necessarily, but at least Nords are recognized easily.

But why fluorescent yellow or something harsh like that?

Archived