Boosting with a Bad Monkey, Help?

BrewsterBuffalo

• Members
My amp (Prosonic) has active controls and it is a challenge dialing ANY pedal in.It is actually way easier to get {censored}ty tones than I would like. Maybe the honeymoon is over and the poon is starting to get a bit funky.

Sorry to hear about that. Right now I'm thinking if I'm going to keep the Laney amp I just bought that I'll need a tubescreamer modded for more bottom end to match up at least a little better with the amp's own gain. If I left the ts10 on all the time with it, it sounds great, but I want good lower gain tones, as well. I now how it can be matching things up sometimes. :D

• Members
It does impart noticeable distortion, and that sound itself is a bit on the nasty side. I don't find what it does to a clean with everything neutral very desirable, and that's the base sound you're stuck with, so I could certainly see that it would screw up distortion to some people, as well.

It's a bit rough for a lot of stuff I do, but it sure sounds close to Robin Crosby's rhythm tone.:thu:

• Members
Hmmm maybe i'll try and take the monkey out of the chain and see if i hear a difference
:confused:

If not, maybe mine just has a problem, though it sounds good when engaged.

With the Bad Monkey, I have had amps sounding pretty good while using it as a boost, including the Laney AOR, but something's just not quite right when bypassing it. :(

Archived