Post amps you have been surprised by

gibbed

• Members

A friend of mine recently got a peavey bandit 112, and I have been quite surprised by it.

I get a great metal tone with these settings which rides the line between saturated thickness and tight clarity quite well. I can chug and squeal to my hearts content, and still make out what chords I'm playing. I'll make some clips with my SM57 this weekend, because I know people won't believe me...

low input

high gain mode

pre gain 5

bass 6

mids 6

treble 5

post 3-whatever

presence 4

transtube 6

resonance on "tight"

I'm playing through a agile LP with mighty mite motherbuckers (high output alcino V) tuned to C with 12-58 strings

Does the transtube supreme head have a similiar mode to the high gain setting on the bandit? I'm tempted to get one and a closed back 1x12 for recording.

• Members

First time i heard a pod it blew my mind - seemed like a gift from god.

First time i played a 5150 i thought - wow, eddie van halen plays through one of these??????????? ( i liked it - it just seemed so damn heavy)

Single recto shocked me because everyone carries on how horrid rectos are - but i thought it sounded very nice - very blanced and quite classy - I'll get one sooner or later.

Orange rokerverb was alot nicer than i thought it would be

• Members

A friend of mine recently got a peavey bandit 112, and I have been quite surprised by it.

I get a great metal tone with these settings which rides the line between saturated thickness and tight clarity quite well. I can chug and squeal to my hearts content, and still make out what chords I'm playing. I'll make some clips with my SM57 this weekend, because I know people won't believe me...

low input

high gain mode

pre gain 5

bass 6

mids 6

treble 5

post 3-whatever

presence 4

transtube 6

resonance on "tight"

I'm playing through a agile LP with mighty mite motherbuckers (high output alcino V) tuned to C with 12-58 strings

Does the transtube supreme head have a similiar mode to the high gain setting on the bandit? I'm tempted to get one and a closed back 1x12 for recording.

They're not bad at all, but I found that at higher volumes they start to lose it.

• Members

redbearhalfstackdone-1.jpg

these amps have surprised the living {censored} out of me.versatile,fantastic marshall killer tones for next to nothing
:thu:

i wonder if the russians used the same electronic component labelling as we do?

if they didn't, it would suck for amp techs to work on those :eek:

• Members

I was recently suprised at my Peavey Classic 30. Here's a clip, I didn't know the Classic's had so much gain. You gotta get the master to about 3 o'clock, but man these things are mean gain monsters!

You really make that amp sing! Monster playing man. I've been interested in these amps for a while as a little combo to haul around, sounds like it's just the beast!

• Members

This drummer I know has a practice SS Crate with built in effects. And while the effects suck ass, I can actually get a pretty brownish marshall sound out of it. Granted this is at lower volumes.

Also, Amplitube LE suprised me at how good it can sound...

• Members

Orange Rockerverbs

Orange Tiny Terror

These amps just blew me away. I wasn't expecting what i heard from those amps

Mesa Mark IV

I had the settings on it really middy because I refused to go into the "V" shape on the graphic equalizer for fear of being called a noob by the staff in the shop. Then some guy I knew just went "Mmmm, sounds {censored}" and wacked the middle slider down into the V shape.

My face = :eek:

I was blown away. I pushed the mid slider a bit more and the treble down and had a great lead sound. That was a beautiful amp.

There's not alot of amps that have blown me away apart from them.

• Members

I have a little line 6 spider II that sounds a lot better than I expected it to. I wish I had one of these 17 years ago when I started.

I played the $200 Spider III 1x12 combo the other day, and it sounded noticeably better to me than the $600+ Flextone IIIs next to it. It also sounded better than the B-52 AT112 combo next to it to me, although this was at lower volumes. I was pretty surprised. It could get pretty bright and clear, which most cheap combos can't seem to do no matter how you set them, and you could even turn the mids up really high without it turning into woofy crap. I still wouldn't use the "metal" or "insane" channels, but the "crunch" channel isn't the typical farty mess of bees, even though it can get pretty darned distorted.

I thought the same thing. I wish they'd had that amp when I started playing. I've still got pretty similar stuff now, only it's bigger, heavier, bulkier, messier, and it cost a lot more. :freak:

Archived