Citizen's complain about AC/DC guitarist

Negative K3 fan

• Members

I found this on a dutch new site, let me translate

http://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/73091

The guitarist of the famous rockbands AC/DC, Angus young troubles the nihabitants of the small town Aalten because of the new house which is being built there.

Near by living people complain about the size of this house. It is said to be so big that the other small houses in the street could not compete with its size.

At Young and his wife Ellen's request the angry neighbours are not speaking about this situation any longer. Ellen does nto want to elaborate about the matter: "this has nothing to do with you. We don't want any attention.". The new house will cost a couple of million euro's. The house will provide them with all sorts of luxury, including an entire recording studio.

The Scottish guitarist appeared for the first time in the Quote 500 last year, the list of the 500 wealthiest dutch people.

pic:

acdshe2007%20(142).JPG

• Members
I found this on a dutch new site, let me translate

http://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/73091

It is said to be so big that the other small houses in the street could not compete with its size.

pic:

acdshe2007%20(142).JPG

What makes these people think their homes SHOULD be able to compete with Angus Young's?! :D lol

But yeah, a monster home amongst small homes is an eyesore, sure. But if they're not violating any restrictions, tough {censored} really.

• Members

That house is far from big... compared to what I was expecting from a rock star! Who gives a {censored} about what other houses are in the neighborhood. Care about what you have. I can't stand people like that. I live in a tight packed urban city, and if they said they were going to plow down the next block of apartment building and houses to put up a mega house for anyone other than whitney huston I wouldn't give two {censored}s.

• Members

I dunno. that thing in the back looks like it has a massive whole in it... aka garage door. 2 mil won't get you much of a biggder house than that these days. Not a new construction anyways.

You can clearly see it has a window exactly like the ones in front, actually. Doesn't mean its *not* a garage, but its not a "whole" as you say, either.

• Members

there was an artical about how much he was worth a few weeks back, wasnt he worth like 250 million or something?

you can't put a price on a guy that plays in a band that has massive cannon shows at thier concerts. He is priceless. But yeah, he has more cash than I know what to do with hahaha.

• Members

That's a nice looking house!
:thu::cool:

I was thinking something similar. Complaining that his house is big, and that they "can't compete" is a bit odd. I suppose it might somehow affect their property values, but that's a matter of speculation I don't fully understand. But it's definitely not a house that would look horrible to have on the same street (which definitely would have an impact on property values of the surrounding homes).

Archived