Broke my shoulder

CliffC8488

• Members

Playing racquetball. Myself and other have repeatedly complained about the lack of maintenance on the courts. They never clean them and they get slippery. Not two days earlier I was bitching and told them that eventually someone's going to get hurt.

Well, ironically, that someone was me. Running for the ball, slipped and went shoulder first full-speed into the wall. Heard a crunch and that was that. Just got the x-rays and it looks bad.

CC

• Members

Playing racquetball. Myself and other have repeatedly complained about the lack of maintenance on the courts. They never clean them and they get slippery. Not two days earlier I was bitching and told them that eventually someone's going to get hurt.

Well, ironically, that someone was me. Running for the ball, slipped and went shoulder first full-speed into the wall. Heard a crunch and that was that. Just got the x-rays and it looks bad.

CC

That sounds extremelely painful!

• Members

CC

At least your shoulder stopped you from going any further. Just imagine if your face hit first? :eek:

You'd look like Trent Green back when he played for the Washington Redskins.

OHHHH, my face. I remember he ran facefirst into a concrete wall in the back of the endzone. And the result was a concussion.

• Members

At least your shoulder stopped you from going any further. Just imagine if your face hit first?
:eek:

You'd look like Trent Green back when he played for the Washington Redskins.

OHHHH, my face. I remember he ran facefirst into a concrete wall in the back of the endzone. And the result was a concussion.

That wasn't trent green you're thinking of gus ferotte (sp?)

in either case speedy recovery to you cliff

• Members

Shoulder pain is no firggin joke. I've dislocated my left shoulder 3 times and it kills!

Same...only right shoulder here....the thing that hurt the most...rehab after having surgery to stabilize it. Had to go from barely 10/15 degrees range of motion to full range...took 12 weeks of stretching and strengthening.

• Members

I dislocated my shoulder playing football in high school the first game of the season. The coaches made me play the whole season with it. My arm would go numb and I was popping pain pills, but hey, I made first team all-conference and got a lot of offers to play college ball.

At any rate, it hurt for a good year.

Archived