Off Topic But Imporant: Dolphin slaughter in Japan

wkwon

• Members

they take giant fishhooks and jab them through the back legs between their version of an achilles tendon and the bones, haul them up and cut their throats...not too different from the way those dolphins are harvested. it is not quick, it is not "humane"...but when was the last time you saw a lion kill it's prey in a "humane" fashion? it's the cycle of life, you pussies. other things have to die so that we can live. don't forget, humans are animals too...

Yep, and one day we'll get ours. Either by laser equipped Dolphins or Rhinos with night vision, Im not sure yet...

It is the 'circle of life' bit, and yeah we use animals for food and all that...but seeing an animal with a good bit if intelligence butchered like that is unnerving. Especially when they're suffering like that. Lions and other predators *usually* kill their prey pretty quickly - Ive never seen a lion slice an animals throat and stand back while it lay there shaking in agony.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ocean's most intelligent mammal vs. the land's...wait till they evolve and start harvesting humans!

Though I hate killing animals of any kind...they're being slaughtered for food. I don't see how that's more abhorable than our meat markets.

Our meat markets involve animals that are raised on farms to be eaten. Except for in the cases of most fish, though fish farming is on the rise.

These dolphins aren't from a farm... they're stolen from the wild.

• Members

No offense guys but even your store bought meat isn't killed that much better. I know it helps you sleep better at night thinking cows and pigs don't suffer when they're slaughtered, but think again. Its quite hypocritical to go on eating meat and still bitch when the cute animals die.
I'm no better I eat meat, but I can't justify my diet. Morally I think I should be a vegatarian and hope one to become one.

• Members

Thing that kills me is the Japanese banned American beef out of fear of BSE which was just political bull{censored}. But in the part of Japan where these dolphins are harvested the local government wants to put it back in the elementary school lunches under the pretext of some cultural appreciation crap. Ironic since this dolphin meat is TOXIC waste!!

BTW dolphin is sold as whale meat. It tastes like {censored}....

Actually, most Japanese find this whole dolphin/whale ritual quite repulsive.

• Members

Yep, and one day we'll get ours. Either by laser equipped Dolphins or Rhinos with night vision, Im not sure yet...

It is the 'circle of life' bit, and yeah we use animals for food and all that...but seeing an animal with a good bit if intelligence butchered like that is unnerving. Especially when they're suffering like that. Lions and other predators *usually* kill their prey pretty quickly - Ive never seen a lion slice an animals throat and stand back while it lay there shaking in agony.

that's because our culture has grown soft. Killing for food has become "wrong" somehow. Not that I enjoy seeing that or like it, the fact of the matter is like the Eskimos eating whales, the Japanese eat dolphins. So long as they aren't hunting them to extinction we should butt out. We are a nosey bunch, aren't we?

• Members

so now, there are people who draw a distinction based on the intelligence of the prey animals. guess what the natives in south america eat? monkeys. they shoot em with poison darts. then the monkeys plummet to the ground where they are uncermoniously beaten to death. say what you want about dolphins, but they aint got thumbs. eating monkeys is right next to cannibilism...sorta.

the point is that you have forgotten that humans are animals too. why is it that we should be denied access to food based on some "moral" construct. there is no such thing as morality in the wild. since when was the earth a safe place to live?

and as far as the extinction bit, i have a question for ya. how many of the species that have ever lived on earth are extinct? the answer is..........99.99999%

also, there is another issue. at what point did humans become seperate from nature. for instance...it is considered unnatural to tear down forests...but guess what beavers do? and when you see a 12' tall ant mound in africa, is it unnatural? no. then why are things built by humans considered unnatural? we have this grand concept that humanity is somewhat better than or seperate from the rest of the world. we're not. and as soon as you jagoff bleeding hearts get that through your heads, we can get on with being at the top of the food chain.

• Members

The sad thing is {censored} like that (and much worse) happens all the time all over the world, and people pretend it doesn't. I'm not questioning the morality of killing for food (although for {censored}'s sake why not do it as humanely as possible?), it's just that people get upset watching {censored} like that (and rightly so) and then go down to the supermarket and buy their meat all prepacked and nice. Ideally I think everyone should have to kill what they eat so they at least have some appreciation that an animal died so they can eat.

• Members
http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

Man. That really needs to stop. I can't stand to watch it again. And please, no trolls in this thread. That's really just not right. Hopefully someone will be motivated to do something.

Dolphins are a rare dog , the kinship they share with humans is uncanny,
unfortunate so many {censored}tards in hc mistake kindness for weakness.
Hopefully they find out some day face to face the hard way he hee hee...

:D

Archived