Relatively cheap, flat response studio monitors.

Kuato Lives

• Members

What's your price range? I use a pair of Mackie HR824's and I got both cheap. What I paid for both was less than what I'd pay for one. Typically, it's advised that you not skimp on studio monitors. I see HR824's for sale used pretty cheap fairly often. The Tannoy and KRK are pretty good as well. Look for some used ones.

• Members

What's your price range? I use a pair of Mackie HR824's and I got both cheap. What I paid for both was less than what I'd pay for one. Typically, it's advised that you not skimp on studio monitors. I see HR824's for sale used pretty cheap fairly often. The Tannoy and KRK are pretty good as well. Look for some used ones.

Wow! You got a deal. I have the Mackie HR824's. They kick ass!!! I like them ALOT better than my old Yamaha NS-10's. They are a much best speaker. Plus you don't need to buy an amp. They are active monitors. :thu:

If you are serious, and have the cash, the Mackie HR824's are really good for the money.

Other than that, cheap deals on cheap speakers, will give you cheap sounding results. Cheap monitors sound good the first month. But a low budget near field monitor will drive you nuts after 3 or 4 years.

Three good near field monitors:

Mackie HR824

Yamaha NS-10s

Event 20/20

The Events 20/20's can be had for the cheapest deal. But they are still a pretty good near field speaker.

Or you could re-finance your house and get some Genelec's. :eek:

:D

• Members

I have a pair of Event Project Studio 5's. They don't make them anymore(replaced with the TR5, basically the same). They're around $500-$600 new but should be had fairly cheap used. They work well in small rooms where a larger speaker might be too bassy. I like 'em.

• Members

jbl's have farty ass bass

Not the L-100's. Try and find a pair, they are not that easily found. They were manufactured in the mid '70s abd were the defacto-standard for studio monitors for quite some time. Very heavy, three way and had two adjustable cross-over controls under the removable grill :thu:

Archived