Two channel EL34, high gain amps to match up with my 5150 II???

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

I may be buying a second amp head to match with my 5150 II. I want to get an EL34 based amp and prefer a saturated pre-amp type of tone. Basically a EL34 version of my 5150 II.

I`ve shied away from EL34 based amps so I don`t know much about what is good. Just give me some suggestions. I guess my price range will be $1,000 to $1,500 new or used.

Thanks,

Eric

• Members

I did think about the Blackmore, but doesn`t it use a shared EQ for both channels? I really prefer a seperate EQ for setting up each channel.

Any other suggestions?

Eric

yes it does

a mesa Mark III or IV perhaps? I think the mark III might have a shared EQ though....

• Members

maybe a dsl100?

the jsx would be worth checking out as well

He's had a JSX which he sold to me, which I sold.

If you liked your single recto, you might want to look into a tremoverb. I'm loving this amp and the 5150 would really compliment it when run together. The tremoverb is just more smooth while still being massive and has great cleans too.

• Members

Ill cast a vote for the Carvin V3 again - I just bought one and Im real happy with it. Comes stock with EL34's, and is switchable bias for 6L6's. Its got some crazy gain, although isnt as focused as a Mark IV. (ive never owned a Mark IV - just from what Ive heard)

Archived