Political and other OT threads...

Ara Ajizian

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't "WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT" understaindg that *HERE* is where we LIVE...so to speak.

You open the page and here's all your "friends".

What...we have to have several browsers open to chase our buds around to the specifric topic.

Guitar...browser open over there....click!

Religious...get over to OT...click.

Political? ....get on over there...follow all your pals!

Keys or recording...make sure you GET over there quick!

Amps...hey..only amps allowed...get in there ask your amp question and get the {censored} out real quick.

No...sorry that is bull{censored}!

To me...the different forums are to slim down your main interest...NOT to be micro-manage. You know how that works at work. It sucks balls.

As was mentioned...if ONE PERSON seems to have a proponderance of special interest threads that do not match the forum...then fine...get him/her to the appropriate forum.

You same people who hate Bush for removing all your personal freedoms want to polarize and break down the forum....for YOUR convenience.

(YES...I made a sweeping generalization...just to make a point)

I say you use some damn discretion. It;s not that hard. Don't click on the link, and if someone has an overload of OT or confrontational posts..then DEAL WITH IT. Don't punish the rest of the population for a a few jerks.

But..in this modern life...I know that's what will happen. Have a good time doing it. Destroy what MOST people enjoy or can ignore to protect the minority.

Draelyc once said this:

""By the very definition, a minority is INCAPABLE of perpetrating "tyranny" upon anyone. "

And I hope he someday realizes how WRONG he was. So very wrong, it's pathetic.

A lot of people, myself included participate in more than one forum here. I don't see the point in segregating the forums by topic, only to not stick to those topics. Look around. You may find some of your amp friends in other places too. It's not that scary in other forums. :)

• Members

:lol:
Bollocks, you've seen through my facade of maturity.

No.

:lol:
I haven't got any bad words about rememberduane.

I'm stoked for you bro.

What, the key to having a discussion? Yeah, I'd say in most cases it helps.

Oh boy...a point for point retort? Free sarcasm and snideness included?

Nah..it's cool. You "win".

• Members

A lot of people, myself included participate in more than one forum here. I don't see the point in segregating the forums by topic, only to now stick to those topics. Look around. You may find some of your amp friends in other places too. It's not that scary in other forums.
:)

+1

You're not going to get any sympathy from me for having to *gasp* click different links when you're on the internet. :rolleyes:

• Members

boohoo. you don't like it, then go somewhere else. HC is a free service and they have the right to edit/restrict any content they deem inappropriate.

hitler? is that you hitler??????? are you a facist?

:love:

don't forget the big banner ad at the top.

• Members

+1

You're not going to get any sympathy from me for having to *gasp* click different links when you're on the internet.
:rolleyes:

oh boy, I can see where this is going. Get ready folks, Avacado is going to start banning and blocking all things HE deems inappropriate. Isn't that the whole point of this thread, so he can say "see, people WANT me to censor content". Umm, no they don't. You even think of shutting off OT threads and I guarantee you this place will die a long slow death. Wanna bet?

• Members

I think OT threads, ESPECIALLY religious and political ones, are annoying.

How many times have you seen these threads devolve into 4+ pages of crap while on topic threads barely get hits?

On the other hand, though, the guy above does make a good point...

• Members

So, we have a whole forum dedicated to OT stuff here (Open Jam), but I know that a lot of people avoid OJ like the plague because it's kinda over the top. We also have the Political Forum for those discussions, but inevitably we get both OT and political stuff in almost all the forums.

How do you guys feel about OT stuff in this forum? Good? Bad? Some stuff alright, some stuff not? For the most part the discussion in here stays on topic, but I've seen threads where people express annoyance with OT stuff in here. Just wanted to get some opinions from the people who post in here a lot. Thanks.

you obviously dont pay much attention if you think "For the most part the discussion in here stays on topic".

And I voted... It is annoying and completly trashing the good that the site has.

• Members

I like the random off topic stuff, but, I think religion/politics should stay out.

I think the occasional religious/political thread is fine, but the religion-based threads have been increasing and have been getting overly lame, IMO. I don't want to totally ban political or religious threads even though some of the religious ones have sucked lately.

• Members

oh boy, I can see where this is going. Get ready folks, Avacado is going to start banning and blocking all things HE deems inappropriate. Isn't that the whole point of this thread, so he can say "see, people WANT me to censor content". Umm, no they don't. You even think of shutting off OT threads and I guarantee you this place will die a long slow death. Wanna bet?

Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you.;)

jump_to_conclusionscopy.jpg

• Members

if those are your rules then you should obey them yourself. But don't impose them on others just because you don't like the content.

Well, the post asked for our opinions on the subject. Well, thats my opinion. I wasn't trying to impose them on anyone, I was just replying to the thread as requested..

However, I could take your argument and turn it around...I mean this is the "AMP Forum".. Just because you feel that topics unrelated to amps should be posted in the AMP forum, don't subject others to it just because YOU think its your god given right..

I don't feel that way though as you can tell from my original post...I've been coming here long enough to know what to expect. I can read the topic (unlike some apparrently), and choose not to click if I'm not interested.

• Members

Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you.
;)

jump_to_conclusionscopy.jpg

well, at least yuou have a sense of humor. All I can tell you is it seems you have a habit of closing and locking threads more so than any other mod I can think of presently. Whether you continue this tendancy remains to be seen.

• Members

Well, the post asked for our opinions on the subject. Well, thats my opinion. I wasn't trying to impose them on anyone, I was just replying to the thread as requested..

However, I could take your argument and turn it around...I mean this is the "AMP Forum".. Just because you feel that topics unrelated to amps should be posted in the AMP forum, don't subject others to it just because YOU think its your god given right..

I don't feel that way though as you can tell from my original post...I've been coming here long enough to know what to expect. I can read the topic (unlike some apparrently), and choose not to click if I'm not interested.

this is what I don't understand. Who is subjecting you to anything? You are free to ignore every single OT thread on this board. Noone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read them. If you see OT in the title, then skip along by. On the other hand, if we were to ban all off topic threads because you and others don't like them then you are indeed imposing your will on others.

• Members

this is what I don't understand. Who is subjecting you to anything? You are free to ignore every single OT thread on this board. Noone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read them. If you see OT in the title, then skip along by. On the other hand, if we were to ban all off topic threads because you and others don't like them then you are indeed imposing your will on others.

No, you're imposing your will on others. The name of this forum is "Amps". There are four other forums where you can talk about pretty much anything. You're the one who is refusing to use the appropriate forums and insisting on cluttering the amp forum with off-topic inanities.

Archived