Political and other OT threads...

Ara Ajizian

• Members

The religious and political threads get old, but the piping hot fart thread rocked!

Seriously, the only thing that sucks about OT threads is that something retarded like an Al Gore thread bumps a good thread with sound clips down to page 2 in no time.

I don't like Al Gore. I bet Al Gore doesn't even like Al Gore, and I'm sure he'd be disappointed to see good threads get sunk by threads about him.

Afterall, when he spoke about global warming, he wasn't talking about glowing tubes or piping hot farts.

Gosh that's alot for not liking Al Gore. You shoulda posted in the Al Gore thread not this one!:mad: :mad:

Bad bad man.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:blah:

Yeah, what an attitude, huh? All wanting to make the forums what people want them to be. What was I thinking?

Right...and you don't want to hear anything you don't agree with.

In fact..you'll be exceptionally sarcastic....a great attitude for a mod, I must admit.

• Members

My 0.02? Music-realted OT discussions (like Ace Frehley's LP guitars) are fine and encouraged, but retarded flame fests like politics and religion really make me HATE this MB. Your mileage may vary, but I don't think such posts add any value to the "community" -- if anything, there are some folks on this board I've never even met and feel biased against simply because of their strong political or religious views. And that just kind of sucks...

+++++

I frequent the forum much less because of a lot of this.

Too much biased BS, that turns into a 500 post flame war.

If it was intellectual that wouldn't bother me, and many times the first several posts start out ok....but it never stays that way

• Members

I love the music related off topic stuff but religion and politics just seems to create a {censored}storm.

It's strange that the nature of religious threads is to create {censored} storms. You might think they would do the opposite. Of course the troll extremists never help, either.

• Members

It's strange that the nature of religious threads is to create {censored} storms. You might think they would do the opposite. Of course the troll extremists never help, either.

Your sweeping generalizations and ASSumptions are astounding.

• Members

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, this place(The amp Forum) is like a community. That being said, Any and all topics should be allowed...

Seriously, WTF is so hard about not clicking on a topic that youre not interested in?

That is how I feel.:thu:

• Members

I wish political and religious threads would just never be on the front page - if they went right to page 2 then I'd be okay with them
:)

The reason that so called legitimate amp threads get stuck on page two so quickly is lack of interest. Now I am not suggesting that ALL amp threads are dull and boring, just some, maybe even a lot are. The longer one has been around here the more times he hears the same old amp questions, over and over and over again the more one might come to appreciate and enjoy OT threads. Leave things as they are, we can all ignore any thread that doesn't pique our interest.

This forum is a perfect example of the law of supply and demand. If OT threads were boring or unpopular they would disappear on there own, instead it is the dull amp only threads that go bye bye.

No one who is a member of any long standing would EVER consider going to the OT forum, just isn't going to happen. That place is a nutfarm.

No, disallow OT threads and turn this place into a Metal version of the gear page or the fender site and all that will happen is all the oldtimers will just leave, not out of protest, just lost interest.

At least that's my take on it.

Peace:wave:

Bob

• Members

So since it's kinda close between no political OT and all OT, I'll just let you guys make the call. If you think a political thread is getting too heated or there's just trolling, make a report and we'll take a look at it. I've decided to take a more hands-off approach to moderating, and honestly it doesn't look like this stuff is causing major problems.

Thanks!

• Members

So since it's kinda close between no political OT and all OT, I'll just let you guys make the call. If you think a political thread is getting too heated or there's just trolling, make a report and we'll take a look at it. I've decided to take a more hands-off approach to moderating, and honestly it doesn't look like this stuff is causing major problems.

Thanks!

Avocadoes are an inherently political fruit because, like tomatoes, most people think of them as vegetables. This confusion is exploited by religious fanatics who stereotype the advocacy of eating fruits and vegetables as a communist, gay, Jewish, Hollywood conspiracy designed to shove the theory of Darwinist global warming down the throats of gun-toting, fundamentalist soccer moms who drive SUVs. Therefore, I'm highly suspicious of your interpretation of these numbers, and I suggest that you call your lawyer immediately. Are you a Feminazi?

Archived