*Bad news for BAZGUITARMAN* Injury update*

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

Well, I got the results of my MRI today. Looks like I did do some damage. Pretty major damage I guess. This is what the report says......

"There is contrast extending into the substance of the superior labrum. The appearance is consistent with a superior labral tear. There is also a tear involving essentially the entire posterior labrum. I believe this represents one contiguous labral tear involving both the posterior and superior labrum."

Recovery time could be up to four months. :cry: I don`t know if I will be able to play the guitar or not. I assume not. I know I won`t be able to work at all.

The outlook sucks. I`m in a lot of pain now and it looks like it will get worse before it gets better.

Eric

• Members

{censored} man. I feel for ya. Hope your in a good union, or the bills could get nasty while you're not working.

May I offer the silver lining of having more time with your children. You have an opportunity to make memories that your whole family will cherish for a lifetime during your recovery.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery with the least pain possible.

• Members

Sorry to hear the news. I hope you're able to not only able to get back to work okay with some recovery but to play the guitar, as well. Even though most of us visit this forum because we love guitar, there's a lot more to life than playing a musical instrument. Good wishes on a full recovery. :)

• Members

Keep your spirits high man. I've seen people with very serious shoulder injuries who fully recovered and are as good as new.

Look at the bright. Maybe this is your chance to try something new or look for a different kind of job. The possibilities are endless.

If you are not able to play guitar, I have two recommendations: Go buy yourself a Grip Master to keep your fingers strong and a pair of Chinese medicine balls. They do wonders to the nerves and muscles in your hands and keeps relaxed and well stretches.

• Members

Eric, sorry to hear that. If you can't work for 4 months, that means you are entitiled to temporary disability benefits. And that should help you with your monthly expenses. Also, if there was a tear in your arm, there might be a percentage of permanent disbility which would be equivalent to a certain amount of money.

Provided that his injury happened at work while doing work. DId your employer reported this occuaptional injury with their workers' com insurance carrier? Did your employer provided you with a claim form?

• Members

Recovery time could be up to four months.
:cry:
I don`t know if I will be able to play the guitar or not. I assume not. I know I won`t be able to work at all.

The outlook sucks. I`m in a lot of pain now and it looks like it will get worse before it gets better.

Eric

you tore your labia? Majora or minora?;)

• Members

Or learn to sight read! That would be cool. You'd come back and pwn us all.

+1

I remember that the lead guitarist from Meshuggah cut the tip of his finger off in a carpentry accident years back. I'm not sure how long he was out, but he is very much back and rocking.

• Members

what happened dude?

I got hurt at work on Feb. 1st. I was pulling a heavy load (1,500lb) from a pallet jack to a supply conveyor and something in my left shoulder went "crunch, crunch, crunch" and hurt like hell.

I immediately reported it and after completing an accident report, went to the companies OHS doctor. Who ended up refering me to an orthopedic group. I had to fight for three weeks to get the MRI done. Apparently since it is a workers comp case the orthopedic surgeon didn`t want to do anything about it. He wanted to give me pain pills and send me to therapy.

My therapist didn`t want to do anything because there had been no MRI, so I`ve spent three days a week for the last three weeks having a heating pad put on my shoulder in therapy.

Finally I took my wife who was a trauma nurse to the doctor with me. She threatened to get a second opinion from another orthopedic surgeon from across the hall. One she had assisted in multiple surgeries. Long story short. I finally got an MRI last Fri.

I got the results today and that`s what I found out. Looks like it`s going to be a big mess too. My manager at work is already harassing me and I`ve had to retain an attorny. I will probably never be able to go back to my job. Even after I get the tears repaired.

I guess I`ll try to get whatever I can out of it and go back to school. Get a degree and a career instead of working with my back.

Thanks for the support and well wishes guys. I appreciate it a bunch.

Eric

• Members

Eric, Look at it from a positive point of you. You're a very level headed guy. Chances are you'll be able to land some job which won't put a lot of wear and tear on your body.

Talal, thanks man. I had already planned on leaving my job and going back to school in April. Already had my resignation typed out and ready to turn in. Then I got hurt. Well, that blew my plans out of the water. Now I have to wait and see what is going to happen with the surgery and associated crap.

My next window for school will be Sept. I`m going back to get a degree in graphic arts. I`m going to try working at a computer rather than physical labor. Maybe I can land a job working from home. I could spend more time with my family that way.

Eric

• Members

Computer jobs are surprisingly very difficult on the body as well. I've done a lot of physical labor jobs but now my job is computer based. Watch out for carpal tunnel. It creeps up on you and it's nasty. Do lot's of stretching and make sure you get the Chinese medical balls to keep the muscles relaxed.

Archived