UNLOCKING THE MYSTERY OF THE FRAMUS COBRA

guitarman967

• Members

Cobra Cab really is a great match for the Cobra if you want metal tones.. Framus did a Great job designing the Perfect Cabs for there amplifiers. The Dragon cab just rules for the Head.

Splawns are really nice if you want a Rear loaded cab, probably the best out there IMO.

Greenbacks work the best with this head but V30's can give you a nice middy rhy. tone as well if you use the Lead Channel.

Thank you, Guitarman967. I think I'm either going to go with the Dragon cab (I know it has v30's), or a Splawn with greenbacks. I don't really know the difference between front loaded and rear loaded cabs with regards to sound. Could you clear this up for me? Thanks.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

guitarman, why did you stop using the cobra?

I still have it and I still use it but I have a {censored}load of amps and for this rig the Dragon's Sends for the FX loop do not need to be set anywhere near as high as the Cobra's to sound good so it works a bit better for this rig

• Members

where did you get the case? Is it tough moving it around/transporting it?

Just going up stairs haha..Its not as heavy as it looks incredibly:freak:

But yeah it can be a nuisance. I've been in too many different bands so I had to have alot of tones but I know that thing is insane to most people haha

• Members

I got another notched lead setting for you guys...

Lead Channel- Notch Engaged
Gain = 12:00
Pres = 3:00
C.Vol = 2:00-3:00
Bass = 9:00
Mid = MAX
Treble = 3:00
Depth = 2:00-3:00

the low bass, and maxed mids counter act the ridiculous amount of mid cut the notch produces;

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Just going up stairs haha..Its not as heavy as it looks incredibly:freak:

But yeah it can be a nuisance. I've been in too many different bands so I had to have alot of tones but I know that thing is insane to most people haha

Right with ya on the nuisance part. Although I've only ever once played a show that had stairs ever. Don't plan on it ever again.

BTW Good read. I love my cobra more everytime I turn it on.

• Members

Well, I went to check the bias with my bias rite. It wont work. You cant get the chassis out without removing the blocks on the back of the headshell. Imma have to find my meter and use the leads on the back. Ruby power tubes though! Seldom do I end up with an amp with good tubes in it.

• Members

I thought they were glued on and so I didnt wanna mess with it. Lemme take another look.

Speaking about gluing, that chassis was a bitch to pull, I actually had to pry it from the bottom with butterknives(both ends), then flathead screwdrivers to loosen it up within the headshell, must be something with the tolex, it was like someone superglued it inside. Secondly, the whole faceplate comes out too, and its a bit tight in there, so overall its a bitch, but easier after the first time.

• Members

Speaking about gluing, that chassis was a bitch to pull, I actually had to pry it from the bottom with butterknives(both ends), then flathead screwdrivers to loosen it up within the headshell, must be something with the tolex, it was like someone superglued it inside. Secondly, the whole faceplate comes out too, and its a bit tight in there, so overall its a bitch, but easier after the first time.

I never swore so much in my entire life getting that chassis out.

Afterwards, of couse, there was a much easier way that dawned on me.

Of course, If I can remember it for next time......that will be key.

Archived