OT: YES!!! Dunlop finally did it!

vidnotlaw

• Members

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Dunlop are finally making the Ultex picks in the size and shape of the Jazz III!!!!!!!!!

Ultex Jazz III :thu:

I am so f'n happy right now I could sh!t! I have been buying the normal Ultex picks ever since they came out and then using a grinding wheel to reshape them to the Jazz III size! I usually did 12 - 24 at a time... IT WAS A PAIN IN THE A$$!! Took forever and I got 'pick dust' all over myself!

I have emailed and called Dunlop many times asking when/if they were going to make Ultex in the Jazz III size... they would always say "we may never, only if the demand for them was there". FINALLY, they did it!!! Move aside people, I am on the hunt for Ultex Jazz III picks in stock somewhere. :thu:

Sorry for the Off topic, but I am up late working and nobody is around and I just had to release!!! I have never been able to use the normal Jazz IIIs, they are just too fat at the tip for me and it feels like I am always 'fighting' with the string. The smoothness and thickness of the Ultex worked wonders for me... You should really try them!!!

Thanks for listening... that is all.

Take care,

Vid

• Members

I really like the feel and precision of jazz III's....just a bit too small. Tortex orange would be perfect if it had a sharper, tighter edge. This could be good...real good. Wow, looking at the lineup I had no idea they have all of these. The stores usually carry a few of these at most. Ultex looks to be what I want.

• Members

I may switch to these if I can get my hands on some, right now I'm using the tortex black gold .88 jazz picks. Don't know if i'll switch but hey those picks look pretty nice.

Man I used to use them, and then I could never find them. Pickboy went away, and now my fav picks are all gone, so I may have to try these Ultex...

• Members

Something I must try defenitly, my favorite pick right now are the ultex 1.00mm. Greater pick than the tortex as far as im concerned. This just might be the perfect medium between the speed of the jazz's and the grip of the ultex. I am pumped, if I coudve wished a new pick this would be it.

• Members

so what's the ultex supposed to be?right now i got the black gold jazz picks in 1.0mm.

what's the difference with teh ultex material?

I find, the ultex is very similar to the tortex, but a slight different feel, feels more plasticky but with the same grip (hope that makes sense, its like a regular anyday pick with superb grip). Biggest bonus is that it doesnt seem to wear down as fast as the tortex, I can round off a tortex in days, the ultex seems to keep that edge longer. Jazzes are very fast, but I cant keep a good grip on them, this mixture of the two just might be perfect. But thats coming from a metal only player.

• Members

I find, the ultex is very similar to the tortex, but a slight different feel, feels more plasticky but with the same grip (hope that makes sense, its like a regular anyday pick with superb grip). Biggest bonus is that it doesnt seem to wear down as fast as the tortex, I can round off a tortex in days, the ultex seems to keep that edge longer. Jazzes are very fast, but I cant keep a good grip on them, this mixture of the two just might be perfect. But thats coming from a metal only player.

hmmmm better grip....i think i'll have to check these out. my picks always seem to kind of float away sometimes. but that's probably cause i dont hold it firmly enough.

• Members

hmmmm better grip....i think i'll have to check these out. my picks always seem to kind of float away sometimes. but that's probably cause i dont hold it firmly enough.

I have pretty sweaty hands, so im all about the grip, if im playing jazzIII's, youd better watch your eyes, theyre flinging away like darts LOL, im happy with the ultex, but if you do have that problem, maybe give "gorilla snot" a try just before you gig.

• Members
I have pretty sweaty hands, so im all about the grip, if im playing jazzIII's, youd better watch your eyes, theyre flinging away like darts LOL, im happy with the ultex, but if you do have that problem, maybe give "gorilla snot" a try just before you gig.

Exactly!! I have the oiliest/sweatiest hands in the world I think! I am not kidding! If I pick up the guitar and practice for at least an hour, I can wipe off the top three strings and each string will leave streak of black gunk on the cloth I wipe it with! I wipe off my bridge and strings with Fast Fret after EVERY time I use the guitar or I will rust the {censored} out of them! I also use Black DRs, since I can rust a set of normal strings with in a week or two.

Any ways back to my point :thu: ....

Being that I have sweaty hands, Jazz III slip out of my fingers and the Ultex picks don't budge at all! I like the Ultex better than Tortex because you get a slightly brighter and stronger pick attack. Trust me, I have tried dozens and dozens of picks and the Ultex (when I grind them down to the Jazz III size) are my favorite! I am so glad I don't have to grind them down any more!!!

Enjoy,

Vid

• Members
Being that I have sweaty hands, Jazz III slip out of my fingers and the Ultex picks don't budge at all! I like the Ultex better than Tortex because you get a slightly brighter and stronger pick attack.

Enjoy,

Vid

:thu: Yeah, a brighter, stronger pick attack,( like the plasticky feel im reffering too) I think if more die hard tortex users tried them theyd be more into them.

• Members

Woot! I love the Ultex pics but I've been using Jazz III's or (my current favorite) Pickboy Jazz 1.5mm. I like the shape of the Pickboy better than the Dunlop (it's a hair larger), however, they become slippery after I play with them for a few mins. I've always found the Ultex to be very resistant to sweaty hands.

I'm happy.

Archived