Phil Anselmo vs Randy Blythe

NappyDugOut

• Members

randy hands down, he seems to have more brains which reflects in the lyrics i think, if you disagree you can die in a gutter =D i like his voice better to. not that i think phil sucks its just prefence.

Put down the crack pipe, you're cut off.

• Members

The members of LoG didn't even want Randy in the old days, but he was the only metal vocalist they could find. Straight from their mouth.

On the other hand, Anselmo {censored}ing SAVED Pantera from the "Metal Magic" days, and shaped a whole new sound by himself. No one was doing hardcore metal like Pantera back in those days.

Randy's just rolling with what came before him. He hasn't brought anything new to the table. Again, I {censored}ing love LoG and listen to them every day BUT...a big part of talent is being able to bring originality to the table and Phil did that...big time.

Anselmo DESTROYS Blythe

• Members

Randy Blythe is my least favorite 'cookie monster' vocalist out there. Horrendous...

Anselmo definately lost it towards later records, but in the CFH/VDOP period, the guy had a a great, distinctive style; few other vocalists could match it for aggression.

• Members

I love Randy's vocals, but pre-heroin Phil is pretty tough to beat. Post-heroin Phil, however, sucks almost as bad as losers from OJ baiting the mighty HCAF.

Ohnoes! I just made fun of OJ! Prepare another photoshop the Ugly Monkey Thread!

• Members

I'd have to say Anselmo.

He's a down and out addict/asshole who don't give two {censored}s about anyone or anything. He drank, snorted, {censored}, {censored}ed the hardcore power/metal/thrasher lifestyle into submission and lived through it. That's why I like him, because all of us wants that rockstar edge, but we know we don't want the collateral damage. He didn't make the best decisions, but {censored}, he stuck with em.

Some people have already said it...pre-heroin Anselmo is unreal. And blythe pretty much just fell into the hands of a bunch of WAY talented musicians.

• Members

nowadays i'd rather listen to randy than phil...i've met them both and randy was a cool guy whereas phil wasn't (he wasn't a dick, just not what i expected)

but i gotta give it to phil for what he and pantera did for the metal scene, the genre wouldn't be what it is without them

• Members

neither of these douchebags can match the mighty Oderus. He has an amazing and totally distinctive voice, and a great rapport with his audience

gwar12.jpg

is he purposely holding the mic like that to that weird snail thing? ive never seen gwar live, is it part of their set when his snail phallic addition does a small section of singing?

Archived